Chapter 52

~~~~~

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for patiently waiting for me to update <3 it's been a long and rough week and I'm grateful for everyone who has consistently stuck with this story since the beginning 😭☝️

Anyways, take this chapter as compensation 😔🤲

~~~~~

He blinked a couple times, a few tears slowly falling from his eyes and onto my hands, which I had brought up to his cheeks.

"Wh- wait what? Seriously? Are you sure?" He bombarded questiongly, all previous emotions suddenly disappearing as his slightly lifted up to get a better view of me.

"Seriously. I'm ready. Everytime I think of him all I can feel is dread and I just...I'll feel more at peace knowing he can't hurt me, or anyone for that matter, again."

Staring at me, mouth just barely hung open from shock, Kei remained silent, as if what I just said was in a whole different language. With a long and exaggerated inhale, he let himself fall to my chest, a chuckle escaping a few seconds afterwards.

And that chuckle soon turned into full on laughter and cries, happy tears soaking my shirt. I grabbed a hold of his head, holding him close to me. He brought his hands farther under me, in one quick motion sweeping the both of us off of the bed. He twirled me around in the air, a fit of giggles escaping my lungs.

"Kei w-wait, don't make us fall okay?" I laughed, but I had spoken too soon as I felt his feet slip out from under him, before I could realize what had happened we were both toppled on the floor.

Despite the pain shooting through my sides and shoulder, I continued on with my laughter, moving my head over to Kei who had a pleased smile across his lips.

He crawled over to me, cupping my cheeks in his hands and leaving little pecks of kisses across my cheeks and nose.

"I'm glad you're so happy about this," I teased, wrapping my fingers with his.

"Of course I am," he grinned, starring at me through swollen yet content eyes, "I really hate that bitch."

We both snickered, letting the room fall into a comfortable silence. He rubbed his thumbs across my knuckles, both of our gazes drifting from each other to around the room, the atmosphere had shifted almost immediately.

As if on perfect timing, Akiteru opened the room, making both of our heads shoot up to meet him.

"Hey- oh...hello. I just wanted to check in but by the looks of it you look like you're doing okay..."

I smiled at him, cocking my head to look back at Kei. He looked slightly embarrassed as he remembered he just had a meltdown in front of his entire family, but it quickly changed to his usual look of annoyance.

"Yeah, we're fine," he said monotonously, letting his eyes drop out of a faked boredom.

"Alright smart-ass. Anyways, did you guys still wanna go out like I had mentioned earlier? If you're still up for it that is."

Kei looked over to me for a response, the realization he was letting me decide slowly processing in my head. I shot up quickly, sitting next to him.

"Oh! Uhm...yeah that's alright. Do you want to?" I asked, peeking over to Kei since he was the main cause for worry at the moment.

"I'll do whatever you want to."

I sighed, sarcastically moving my gaze back to Akiteru.

"Well, looks like theres your answer."

Akiteru nodded, smiling at us before shutting the door behind him.

Before I could get a word out, Kei groaned, standing up and moving over to his dresser.

"Cmon, let's get dressed."

I raised an eyebrow, slightly confused.

"We're already dressed?"

He turned back to face me, unamused.

"Your shirt is soaked. My shirt is soaked. Plus, I don't wanna wear this out," he explained, turning back to rummage through his drawers. I stood up and complied, rummaging through the closet to find something nice to wear.

As I threw around a pairs of shirts and unbothered hoodies, one particular one caught my eyes. The blue didn't stick out much from the rest of them, but it looked...familiar.

I grabbed it by the sleeve, the light of the room revealing the familar design. The blue looked like it glowed brighter than it did last time I saw it, the softness making me want to sink into its touch.

"Oh yeah, I remember giving you that. Surprised you still have it."

"Yeah..."

And it was surprising. The memories behind it came flooding back. I remember wearing it when I had first met my dad, how much I tried to protect its value. Naturally, I wouldn't want it, it being a blatant reminder of my past, but this was different. Now this was almost like a momento, my way of boasting that "Hey, I'm still here!" after doubting I would ever wear this again so many times.

Bringing it up to my face, I inhaled, letting the natural scent of not only Kei but his family and house encasing its fragrance. It was essentially not of much importance, yet to me it was.

Slipping it on, despite Kei's request to look nice, I spread my arms out next to me to show off how it looked to him, the sleeves just barely falling over my hands.

He gave me a small side smile, returning his attention to his own clothes.

"Cute as ever."

I smiled, skipping out of the room to let him change and to the kitchen were his mom was sitting, Aki' just coming from his own room.

"Nice outfit-" we both started before stopping ourselves, laughing as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Did yall ever decide where you wanted to go? I can't drive you somewhere if I don't know where you're headed," his mom asked, leaning over the counter.

As she said that, Kei came from his room, sitting down in front of her.

"Mmm, I was thinking...is it alright if I just take Kei and Yamaguchi out ourselves? Not that I don't want you to go mom but..." he let his sentence waver, pursing his lips together.

His mom pulled her hands out defensively, waving them in the air by her head.

"Oh I see, don't want the old lady barging in on yalls fun. I see. I see," she joked, patting Aki on the back, "Nah, that's alright hun. Don't be out too late and don't get into any trouble."

"Thanks, mom."

Me and Kei moved to get our shoes on, Aki slipping the keys off of the key rack and out the door, heading to the car enthusiastically.

We both smiled at each other as we stepped out the door, hand in hand.

~~~~~

Man I feel like this was boring lol- 😶

Anyways THANK YALL FOR GETTING MY REACH BACK UP EVEN THOUGH I DELETED LIKE 10 CHAPTERS I LOVE YALL SM <<<<33333

HAVE A GOOD DAY 😤💚💚💚

~~~~