Chapter 57 - Final Chapter

~~~~~

I almost barfed just now

~~~~~

"D-dad?"

My feet scraped against the floor, teeth gritting as my hands threw up to protect me, although I was slowly closing in towards the wall.

"Man, did you really think a jail could hold me? I figured out where your mom lived even though she held a restraining order on me, you're all fools!" He laughed mercilessly, clutching his stomach like his words were genuinely amusing to him.

I glared at him with wide eyes, although they mainly flickered with disgust. My back slammed against the wall, internally groaning at the lack of space between us now as he was closing in.

"Just leave me alone. You've already apologized and have done your damage," I angrily mentioned, stealing quick glances around me to find a spot where I could run out and escape.

"You're too gullible Tadashi, when will you ever learn?"

He dropped his hands down, and in his moment of weakness, the second it looked like he let his guard down, I sprinted left, trying to dodge the counter and head for the door.

But seems as I was too slow, my body being yanked back, arms wrapping around me and slipping up my shirt. I clawed at his arms, wriggling at the feeling of his hands back on me.

Though something felt off, like my body was numb, his touch was like static. It felt like my body was going to fizzle away, my entire existence slipping out from underneath my fingertips that was desperately trying to help me escape.

"This isnt real."

I whispered it in my head, shaking it. It can't be. Soon it turned into screams, and I couldn't tell whose voice was my own anymore.

"This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real."

I jolted forward in bed, arms clutching around my waist. I gasped, chest rising as if all the air had suddenly been sucked from my lungs before. After my eyes adjusted to the dark, I patted my body down, bringing my hands up to examine them. I balled them into fists over and over, making sure I could feel my nails on my palms.

Yeah this is real, this is my body.

I licked my dry lips, turning to the side to see Kei, shirtless and dozing off, glasses still stuck on his face. I chuckled and scratched my head, slipping the blanket off of me before standing up. Very uncool to have nightmares right now, very uncool indeed.

I drew my attention to my phone on the nightstand, immediately shaking the memory of the dream to the back of my mind. I squinted at the flash of brightness, turning it down to see a message from Hinata that I must not have noticed from before.

-Hey yamaguchi!! I havent seen you in a while so I thought it would be fitting to check up on you. Saltyshima has been keeping me updated for you but I'd rather hear it from you yourself. Anyways, I thought about telling you about what's been going on lately! The teams been doing okay, but we all miss you a lot so come back soon okay? And Tsukishima too I guess... Oh and some shocking news! I finally worked up the nerve to ask Kageyama out and he said yes hehe! (I bribed him with strawberry milk) Anyways I MISS YOU please come back bye bro ^v^

I stood speechless at my phone, trying to take in how much I just read. I didnt realize Kei was doing all that, and especially for Hinata...and Hinata asked Kageyama out?! I mean I figured he was sorta pinning for him but this was certainly not what I was expecting to wake up to.