Chapter 3

~~~~~

TW: Self-harm, panic attack

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night. I checked the clock to see it was 2 am. I'm not sure why I woke up, but I looked over to see Tsukki facing me. He was sleeping, and a pink tint washed over my cheeks at how close he was to my face. He looked at peace, more than he ever does while he's awake. Without his glasses on his features were more clear, I admired every inch of his complexion. His hair fell slightly over his cheeks, and I brushed them ever so gently off of them. I closed my eyes, cherishing this moment. I might not get any others quite like it. Eventually, I started drifting off, wishing I could be holding him right now, as always.

~~~~~

I woke up again around 12 pm, only to be alone in the bed. Shivering and looking around, I tried to see where Tsukki was, but he wasn't in the room. I grabbed a blanket and decided to head into the kitchen, smelling that all too familiar scent. Tsukki was sitting at the kitchen table, eating, once again, some strawberry cake. I'm convinced that's all he eats.

"Good morning Tsukki. You're up early." I chuckled and sat down next to him, still cuddled up in the blanket. He didn't look up at me.

"I didn't wanna wake you," he said as he took another bite of cake. I wanted to reach over and take some, but I promised myself not to eat anymore, so I took a strawberry from the top and shoved it in my mouth before he could stop me. He groaned and tried to snatch it from me, but it was too late.

"Yamaguchi, you know not to take my strawberries," he smirked and reached over with both hands to ruffle my hair up.

"Ah! Tsukki, stop that!" I giggled and swatted his hands away from my hair, my face glowing a bright red. Tsukki was rarely playful, so little moments like these are the ones I loved the most. I grinned at him when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. My mother had texted me, and I knew what that meant. My grin formed into a frown.

"You gotta go home now?" He asked me and I nodded. I knew I was gonna see him tomorrow, but I loved spending as much time with Tsukki as possible. I wanted to spend every second of every day with him. "Want something to eat before you leave?"

"No, I'm good Tsukki," he gave me a look and I knew exactly what he was thinking. Before letting him say something else, I stood up and reluctantly went to go pack my things.

He walked me down the street before waving me off. I wanted to hug him goodbye, but I've learned that it wasn't going to happen.

~~~~~

When I arrived home my mom was sitting in the living room watching her favorite tv show.

"Hey, sweetheart. I got you some candy, it's there on the counter." I look over to see my favorite candy, or at least it used to be Hershey's Kisses. I ignore them and head upstairs to my room to put up my things and plopped down on my bed, pulling out my phone to text Tsukki.

---------------------------

Hey, Tsukki!

--------------------------

I watched as the little three dots swiveled up and down for a couple of seconds before getting a reply.

--------------------------

Hi

What r u up to

Nm playing my game. You?

Just got home!

Good

--------------------------

And that was the end of our normal texting conversation. I don't worry about texting Tsukki too much, and I don't want to be annoying. I laid in bed for another couple of hours watching whatever came on TV before my mom called me downstairs for food. The only problem of being at my home is I can't find ways to get out of eating, forcing myself to have to eat whatever my mom makes for me. Whatever she was making though smelled really good.