Chapter 1

TW: Mentions of self-harm

~~~~~

I woke up to the ringing of my alarm clock. My mind was fuzzy, and I stumbled out of bed to the bathroom.

Standing in front of the sink, I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing. The mirror was covered in a cloth, put on by me a couple of months ago. At some point, I couldn't bear seeing my reflection anymore.

Thoughts from middle school swarmed my head before I shook it off and went to get my things ready for school. I didn't want to go, as I don't want to every morning.

"Tadashiii, breakfast is ready sweetheart! I'm leaving for work now. Love you!" My mom shouted from down the stairs, I could already smell the pancakes she made. The door shut with a bang. After getting my bags packed and uniform on, I walked downstairs with my head drooping.

The small scent of blueberries and syrup filled the room, and my stomach growled. With the plates in hand, I dumped them in the trash and left for class.

~~~~~

The walk to school was always a pain, it was slowly getting cold outside and I'm so small I surprise myself when I don't freeze.

Math was easily my worst subject. I could never understand the equations or what we were supposed to do. I always had Tsukki help me, he was the smartest person in our class. Speaking of Tsukki, he walks into class and seats himself next to me. We always sat together.

"Hey, Tsukki!" I give him a warm smile and he takes off his headphones. "Not so loud Yamaguchi."

I chuckle at the blonde's remark. Any other person would assume he's being rude, but I know Tsukki cares.

~~~~~

Today at practice we watch Hinata and Kageyama argue about their quick for 10 minutes straight. Suga-san intervened, giving them a lecture outside. "What a pair of idiots," Tsukki scoffed. I tried to hide a giggle, but I couldn't help myself and was leaning over laughing.

"It's not that funny..."

His comment made me laugh more, and even then he had a small smile plastered on his face. I rarely ever get to see Tsukki smile at school. It's always a sight I treasure as long as possible. I had finally finished laughing to see him standing above me.

I forgot how beautiful he was for a second. I turned away to hide my blushing face before Hinata and Kageyama come back in glaring at each other.

After practice me and Tsukki walked together as always. I expected it to be another silent walk when Tsukki said something.

"You wanna come over and play Mario Kart?" He stops to look at me, the glow of the moonlight hitting him in the best way possible. If it weren't from the dark, my red cheeks would be visible to him.

"Sure, Tsukki!" I give him the same grin as always and we continue walking in silence. Honestly, this is always my favorite part of the day. I wonder if its his too.

~~~~~

Akiteru greeted us at the door, I could smell cake the second he opened it. "What's up Yamaguchi? You spending the night?" I've stayed over at Tsukki's house when we were younger, but as we grew older I stopped spending the nights here.

"Um...I don't have any clothes." I motion towards my bags, which only had my workout clothes.

"He can wear mine. Now leave us alone." Tsukki shoved past Akiteru and went straight towards his room. I guess I'm spending the night now? The thought made me blush a little.