A Dead Alligator On Her Lawn

Janet was getting ready to do some yard work out back. She had to trim some weeds, that had been growing like crazy. It was a beautiful May day, with wall to wall sunshine, and just a light breeze. Hardly a cloud in the sky. She had on a red shirt, ripped blue jeans, and some black Keds. But once she set foot outside, she discovered something unusual.

A dead alligator was on her lawn. Janet stared with eyes wide open, at the dead reptile, and was puzzled as to how it winded up on her lawn in the first place.

"How he got on my lawn, or how he died, is beyond my comprehension!" she scoffed. "Is this supposed to be some kind of a joke? Who would be so idiotic to plant this dead monster on my property?"

Janet thought about it for a minute, then she had an idea. "I'll keep this bad boy! Maybe, I can play a prank on some intruders, that dare to rob me, while I'm sleeping!"

And, with those words, she dragged the dead gator into her house, and put him on the leather sofa in the living room. Janet liked the idea of keeping a dead alligator.

And so did her husband, and children.

This story was written on Saturday, May 1st, 2021.

A/N Stranger things have happened, haven't they? I wouldn't mind keeping a dead alligator! 😉 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.