20

"Hey lydia", Baby reached back and nudged her with his foot, careful not to be spotted by Miss Blake, who was droning on about something to do with idioms and analogies.

"What?" Lydia snapped, her attention still on her doodle. She appeared to be drawing a tree in the lines of her book. It was a twisted thing with dark branches and sharp lines.

"You still planning on coming to mine after school?"

Lydia blinked. "There's the recital tonight isn't there?"

"Yeah". Baby would have been going to support Danny but Ethan would be there and Danny probably wouldn't notice him if his boyfriend was there.

Ms Blake stopped at Lydia's desk and Baby hurriedly tried to look like he was working. The teacher glanced at Lydia's drawing. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents".

"You and every boy I have ever dated", Lydia smiled. Baby snorted and hurriedly covered up his laugh with his hand.

Miss Blake floundered for a second. "Well, that was an idiom by the way". Lydia went back to her drawing and the teacher continued. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture". She brushed past Baby's desk and he caught the scent of mistletoe and mountain ash that seemed to follow her. It was faint but always present. He frowned.

"They are phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun at a race. Or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board".

"Like chess", Stiles mumbled.

"That's right Stiles. Do you play?" Miss Blake smiled.

"No but my dad does".

"Now when does an idiom become a cliche?"

Baby tuned her out as Scott leaned over to talk to stiles. Baby's desk was just behind Scott's so he leaned forwards to involve himself in the conversation. "I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk".

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles muttered.

Scott leaned closer. "The Druids are emissaries right? So what is the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?"

"Okay first of all I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like 'what is the Darach was an emissary to the alphas' actually makes sense to me".

"Welcome to the cult of supernatural beings", Baby grinned. "Our joining package includes 90% chances of maiming, death and murder. Along with Wolves with anger issues and mad psycho druids. Hope you enjoy your membership".

Stiles and Scott both stared at him in complete silence for a second before rolling their eyes. "Secondly", stiles continued. We're going to have a huge problem getting to Ethan".

"What's that?"

"Going through Aidan. Ever since they've been back at school, they're always together. How are we going to separate them again?"

Baby watched as an idea sparked in their minds. In synch they turned in their chairs to Lydia. She looked at them and sighed heavily. "What now?"

——

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan huffed as Scott and Stiles cornered him in a abandoned corridor. Baby loitering behind them like some bored shadow. "I helped attack your friends. How the hell do you know that I'm not going to attack another one". Ethan's eyes flickered towards Stiles.

"Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me?" Stiles exclaimed. He stepped closer. "You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe to and shove it up your freaking"-

"Whoa, stiles", Scott interrupted. He pulled Stiles back. "Okay, we get it".

"Ouch", baby winced. "I wouldn't want to see that happening. Sounds painful". Stiles grumbled as he stepped back to lean against the wall. Baby patted him on the shoulder.

"We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to harm Boyd", Scott continued. "And I think that imf something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again".

"You don't know what we owe them", Ethan stated clearly. "Especially Deucalion. We weren't like Cali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas".

"You were omegas, weren't you?" Baby voiced. Ethan looked at him for a second before fixing his gaze back on Scott.

"Yeah. In actual Wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat. The last to eat, the ones who have to take the abuse from the rest of the pack".

"So you and you're brother were the bitches of the pack?" Stiles remarked. Baby flicked his cheek lightly at the rudeness. Stiles rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Something like that", Ethan mumbled. "They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters, well those were the type who gave us the reputation. And out alpha was the worst of them".

"Why didn't you guys just fight back? Form voltron Wolf you know, kick everyone's asses", Stiles questioned.

"Voltron Wolf?" Baby asked. "What the hell is that?" His question went ignored.

"We couldn't back then, we didn't know how".

"Deucalion taught you", Scott nodded.

"Yes", Ethan growled. "And then we fought. Took them all down one by one and by the time we got to our alpha, he was begging for his life!" He took a heaving breath to calm himself. "And we tore him apart. Literally".

"What about your emissary?"

Ethan shook his head. "They're all dead?" Scott asked. "Cali and Ennis' too?"

"All of them except for Deucalion's".

"You mean Morell?" Stiles added.

Suddenly Ethan gasped. His whole body shuddered and he pressed his hands to his chest as if there was some invisible wounds. "What? What's wrong, you hurt?" Scott stepped forwards worriedly.

"No, not me, my brother".

——

Baby was the first to find Aidan. Scott falling behind to keep pace with Stiles as he outran Ethan. He arrived in the lacrosse locker room just in time to watch as Aidan picked up a round weight and smacked Cora round the head. The Wolf girl went flying, landing at Lydia's feet. Lydia was screaming for Aidan to stop.

Baby tackled Aidan to the ground, expertly pining him down in the same hold he had put Cali in a few nights ago. The weight clatter into a corner as the two of them rolled. Aidan growled, teeth and claws extended and eyes red. "Down boy", Baby grinned. His own fangs extending and eyes flashing silver as he snarled. Aidan moved to bite him but Baby gave him a open palm slap across the jaw. "None of that. I'm not into that kinky shit with Wolves".

"Aidan!" Ethan called as he and Scott came bursting through the door. Baby stood up and allowed Ethan to grab his brother. "Aidan you can't do this!"

"She came at me!" Aidan growled.

"It doesn't matter! Cali gave them until the next full moon. You can't touch him or her. And we can't afford to piss off the vampire as well. Deucalion said to leave him alone".

Aidan took a breath and calmed down, transforming back to human. Stiles and Lydia were knelt at Cora's side. The girl still on the floor. A cut bleeding sluggishly from her head. Scott stood in front of them protectively as Baby leaned against a locker. "Come on", Ethan sighed. "Let's go". He dragged Aidan out of the room.

On the floor, Cora groaned. "Hey guys", Stiles murmured. "I think she's pretty hurt".

Unedited

I'm trying to get as many chapters out until I run out of inspiration again. This happens with all my books. I binge updates then don't update for months. Fair warning.