41

Baby found them in the corridor leading to the basement. Stiles looked up as he came closer. "Hi love", Baby greeted as he came closer. "Full name? Really? That's harsh".  He pouted at him and Stiles rolled his eyes as he wrapped a arm round Baby's waist. Lydia and Allison both shared expressions of exasperation at the easy PDA.

"What is your real name?" Allison asked curiously.

"Not telling", Baby hummed. "It's embarrassing".

"I think your name is actually quite cute", Stiles muttered. "Much better than mine". Baby cooed and pressed a kiss to his boyfriend's cheek.

"Love, you're adorable but trust me, if you had grown up with this name then you wouldn't like it as much. Anyway, that name belongs to a dead boy".

"Oh stop being so Emo", Lydia rolled her eyes. "We have bigger things to deal with. Has Scott got the bag?" Stiles pulled out his phone and checked the messages.

"Yes. He and the Wolves are searching the basement now".

"Good", Allison nodded. "I should go home and check the bestiary. I think this class room has big enough windows". Baby followed them into the nearest classroom with a confused expression.

"What is going on?" He asked. "All I know is that some bomber is running around targeting kids with glowing eyes".

"William Barrow". At Baby's still confused look, Lydia huffed. "He put a bomb on a school bus that killed fourteen kids. He's called the shrapnel bomber".

"He came to the hospital for surgery", Stiles continued as Allison began picking the lock on the window. "But when they cut him open flies flew out of him and in the distraction he escaped".

"I've been hearing buzzing all day", Lydia groaned frustratedly.

"There!" Allison announced as she swung the window open. "The Bestiary is literally one thousand pages long. If I'm going to find anything about flies coming out of people's bodies, it can take me all night".

"And remember, the word for fly in archaic Latin is Musca", Lydia called as Allison swung her leg out.

"Try the Japanese monster section", Baby added. "I heard about flies being related to their mythical monsters. Not sure how true it is but it's a good place to start".

"Got it", Allison waved back at them before she dropped out the window.

Lydia turned to the two boys. "Where shall we start?"

"Upstairs", Stiles glanced at the clock. "And we'd better hurry".

"Wow", Baby remarked as he followed the two of them out of the classroom. "A bomber? For Halloween? Happy birthday to me. Can I eat him?" He asked. The corridors were empty as all the students were in class or outside.

Stiles paused and gave him a double take. "What? No! What about 'flies coming out of the body' did you not understand?"

Baby shrugged. "Still human blood. And it's Halloween. I want to go hunting. All I've been drinking is blood bags".

"Can we talk about this later? When there's not a mass murderer on the loose?" Stiles asked as he peered into an art room. It was the same classroom Baby had art lessons in. The three of the them crept in and began peering round behind the easels and the display boards.

"Hey that's my work", Baby pointed at a canvas covered in splattered colours. He grinned at them. "It's inspired by Jackson Pollock if you can't tell".

Lydia hummed at it and pursed her lips. "I can tell. You really captured his uh, essence?"

Baby's grin widened. "You think? I actually just tossed a ton of paint on it and bullshitted everything. The art teacher loved it". He laughed and continued looking round the room. "So the Wolves are in the basement?" He asked.