48

Baby woke to the sound of Stiles' bedroom door banging open. There were voices. Scott, Lydia with Aidan and Issac. "Baby!" It was Lydia who spoke. "What happened here?" Baby tried to open his eyes and move but there were restraints on his wrists and something was tied round his face. The bonds weren't tough. He ripped through them easily and sat up as he pulled off his blind fold. The sight of the room made him gape.

Strings. Red string spanned across the room. Each end attached to different images across the walls, the other ends were tied to the handle of a pair of silver scissors. The blades of which had been stabbed into the bed next to where Baby was lying. He sat up, careful to avoid the red string around him. When he looked down he blinked at the blue string in his lap. Someone had bound his wrists with blue string and blindfolded him with a piece of blue cloth. Why?

"Where's stiles?" He asked.

"I was hoping you'd know. He's missing", Scott answered. "I got a call from him and it sounds like he's in danger".

"He was here", Baby looked around. He frowned. "I woke up and was hungry. He gave me blood and told me to go back to sleep. What's going on?" He didn't mention the fact that the person who had soothed him hadn't felt like stiles. It clawed at him uneasily. He didn't know what was going on. "The last I remember is those things with masks. Ninja like people attacking me". He reached up and felt the brand behind his ear. It still stung slightly.

"They're called Oni", Issac explained. "Japanese demons. They were looking for a nogitsune. A dark spirit. They were checking to make sure that it hadn't possessed us". Baby paled, mind flashing back to those eyes. Was that what it was?

Lydia came forward and held out her hands. Baby took them and she helped him crawl out from under the red string and off the bed. She pulled him into a hug. "I'm glad your okay", she murmured. Baby nodded into her shoulder.

"Red is for unsolved cases", he voiced as they let go. He gestured to the room before turning to Scott. "The call. Is it bad?"

Scott met his eyes and nodded. Baby exhaled. "Why the fuck didn't he wake me? Was he sleep walking again?" The questions were rhetorical. No one answered them because none of them knew the answer.

"Maybe he thinks he's a part of in unsolved case?" Aidan offered.

"Or is an unsolved case", Issac added. The blonde boy glanced to baby. "What does the blue thread stand for?"

"He said that it made things pretty", Lydia murmured. Baby shrugged. He began rummaging through stiles' drawers for some clothes.

"Or maybe Blue string means him", Issac pointed at Baby. "Like personal connections or something". Baby pulled out a pair of jeans and began pulling them on. Stiles had left him in his tshirt and boxers as he slept and his jeans were nowhere to be seen so Stiles would have deal with Baby borrowing his clothes.

"Or maybe he just tied him up because he didn't want him following him", Aidan shrugged. "Or you guys are really kinky".

Baby scowled at him as he changed his shirt. "Shut up. Where is stiles?"

"He said that he's in an industrial basement somewhere", Scott offered.

"We came here to get a better scent and find Baby".

"What else did he say?" Lydia asked.

"Something is wrong with his leg. It's bleeding and he's freezing".

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the twenties", Aidan stated. Baby didn't want to think about it.

"What did Noah say?" He asked.