57

"So he broke up with you because he's currently possessed by a evil Fox demon?" Danny asked, waving a empty spoon as of to punctuate his words. He was seated on Baby's bed. His back against the headboard and a pint of chocolate ice cream in his lap. Baby nodded with a sigh and angrily dug out another spoonful of his strawberry ice cream.

"Yeah. He thinks that he's protecting me by doing this", he muttered as he stuck the spoon in his mouth. The ice cream was cold and sweet on his tongue. He sniffed and blinked back tears. "Stupid. Why am I crying so much? I'm a heartless vampire for gods sake. I can't keep bloody crying". He glared down at the ice cream.

Danny exhaled deeply. "He was your first relationship, first proper relationship", he reminded. "I've known you since I was twelve and you have never dated or done this much for someone before. Not without reason. You don't have keep it all bottled up. You can care for people Baby. And yeah, that causes hurt and pain. But Baby, it's not all bad".

Baby sniffed and wiped his wet eyes on his sleeve. "I'm just not used to this. I'm so worried about him. I can't be there with him, he doesn't want me there. He's locked up and in danger because of a being living in his head. And I can't do anything".

Danny hummed and offered Baby the chocolate. They switched tubs and continued eating. "Isn't Scott and the pack doing something?"

"They are", Baby muttered through a mouthful of chocolate. "Scott told me that he would call me if they need my help". He shot a glance towards his phone, which was lying on his bedside table. It was still and silent. The screen black.

"You speak as if you aren't one of them", Danny pointed out.

Baby looked back at him with big dark eyes. "I don't know. I have a unspoken treaty with them. Vampire and werewolf things", he added with a wave at Danny's confused look. "A vampire and a alpha werewolf can both claim territory. I have claimed the school and the surrounding neighbourhoods as my territory. Because Scott and I are friends, and I'm dating, or was dating", he coughed and licked his lips. "Well, my ties to the pack started because of Stiles. Without him I'm not sure what my ties to them are. I don't know if I'm pack or not".

He sniffed and let out a hiccup as he shoved more ice cream into his mouth. Tears were welling up and he wiped them away. Danny sighed and put his ice cream and spoon down on the bedside table. He reached over and pulled Baby into a hug. "I warned you that things happen around those two", he joked lamely. Baby let out a wet chuckle.

"Yeah you did. How's things with Ethan by the way?"

Danny poked him and they both giggled slightly. Baby resting his cheek on Danny's shoulder. "Thanks for being here".

"Hey, you stayed with me when I was in tears over my first love", Danny grinned as he pulled back. "I might as well be here for yours".

Baby froze, eyes widening. "First love", he repeated. Danny caught the look and he sighed softly.

"Shit. You've only just realised? Dude, it was obvious".

"I guess it was", Baby sniffed. "Fuck. Is this what first love is supposed to feel like? I knew I was feeling something but I didn't want to put a label on it yet".

"And that's okay", Danny soothed. He took in Baby's red rimmed eyes. "Come on. Let's eat more ice cream and watch shitty action movies". Baby let out a wet laugh. He wiped the tears from his face and smiled slightly. He was glad to have a friend like Danny.

——

Stiles had been at Eichen house, or what he now knew the patients referred to as Echo house, for less than two days and already he had gotten punched. Reunited with Malia, been forced into group therapy, seen Malia naked and started another fight. He had stolen the keys to the basement only to be discovered and thrown into a padded cell and injected with a sedative. He hadn't expected Malia to break him out and lead him to another entrance to the basement. Yet here he was, stepping into the dark cold room as she opened the door.