40

"Hey! Hey, stiles. Stiles love listen to me", Baby soothed as Stile's breath started to quicken. "Hey love. You don't need the instructions. When have you ever needed the instructions?" Stiles looked up at him with a pale face and worried eyes. Baby smiled at him reassuringly. "You don't need some words telling you what to do. You are too smart for that. I have faith that you'll figure this out without needing the instructions, okay. You always figure it out. You can do it stiles".

Stiles sucked in a deep breath and nodded. He examined the trap again. Baby being careful this time not to move as Stiles peered closely at the metal mechanism. "Do you need any help?" Lydia called. "The sheriff is on his way".

"No thanks Lydia", Baby shouted back. "I don't trust your heels in these woods. Who even wears heels to walk around in the woods anyway?" Lydia pulled a face at him but Baby was speaking the truth. There were traps dotted all over the forest. He didn't trust her heels not to fall in one. Heels weren't the most stable of shoes.

There was a rustling and he looked down again. Stiles was carefully moving all the leaves from the metal trap to reveal a wheel handle. Baby held still as Stiles looked it over and took a breath. "Okay, here we go. Ready?"

"Yes", Baby grinned. Stiles seemed to draw confidence from his calmness. He smiled up at him and began to turn the wheel. He twisted it then shoved Baby back. Baby let out a yelp as he fell onto his arse on the floor. The metal trap snapping shut on empty air.

"Hey", Baby blinked. "You did it. Can I get a hand up?" He held out a hand and stiles pulled him to his feet. He wrapped his arms around baby's waist and hugged him close. Baby draped his arms round Stiles neck as the boy's heart started to calm down.

"Are you okay. How's your arm?"

"I'm fine", Baby laughed. "Come on. Let's go and join Lydia". They untangled their arms to link hands. Baby directing them round any other traps back to the cars. As they got there, a roar echoed through the trees.

"That's what I'm talking about", Stiles grinned.

"Scott had finally gotten over his performance issues", Baby giggled. Stiles began laughing.

When they reached the cars Lydia wrapped Baby in a relieved hug. "Don't you dare scare me like that again!" She scolded.

"I don't plan on it", Baby chuckled.

"Hey babe", Stiles voiced. Lydia let him go and they both turned to him. Stiles was squinting at the rear view mirror, the door to his jeep wide open. He turned to them with a large relieved smile. "I think I can read again".

——

"It's Halloween tomorrow!" Baby crowed as he threw his arms around Stiles in a hug. He pressed a kiss to his boyfriends cheek.

Stiles grinned in surprise as Baby bounced on his toes. "What's got you so excited?"

"It's Halloween!" Baby gushed. "It's the one day of the year where I don't have to hide my eyes or my fangs. I can walk around fully transformed and no one bats an eye. It's amazing".

"That is pretty amazing", stiles nodded as he began walking across the car park to join Scott. Their alpha's green bike having just parked.

"Also", a third voice interrupted. Danny had swooped over and swung an arm across Baby's shoulders. "It's his birthday on November first. The boy is going to be eighteen! Finally". Baby laughed as Danny shook him.

"Wait, wait, it's your birthday the day after Halloween?" Stiles blinked. "And you didn't tell me. That means that I only have two days to get you a present".

"You don't need to get me anything", Baby reassured. "I don't really celebrate my birthday".

"Nope! No", Danny interrupted. He wagged a finger at Baby in disapproval. "No. I will not allow you to go without on your eighteenth birthday. We are going to organise something. I will talk to Lydia if I have too".

"Oh god", Baby muttered, slightly fearful of the idea of Lydia and Danny joining forces against him.

Danny turned his attention to stiles. "And you'd better get him a present. Even if it's something small, otherwise I will judge you as his best friend, for being a bad boyfriend. Now I am kidnapping him. Bye". Stiles was left gaping as Danny towed Baby away across the car park. Baby waving goodbye with a apologetic smile.

"Great", Stiles huffed to himself. "What the fuck am I going to buy?"

——

"What's going on?" Baby asked as he and Danny moved out of the way to let a bunch of policemen past. They were marching down the corridor in groups, regardless of the staring students. Baby's phone buzzed and he pulled the device out to see a missed call from stiles.

"This doesn't looks good", Danny muttered. He noticed that Baby was staring at his phone. He sighed. "Supernatural business?"   The phone vibrated as a text message came through. Then it vibrate again in quick succession.

Where are you?

Need to talk to you asap.

Babes, really important.

I mean it.

"It seems like something supernatural", Baby remarked as he watched the texts continue to arrive. Danny slammed his locker shut with a sigh.

"Could I just spend some time with my best friend without someone dying or a mass murderer running around?" He groaned. Baby gave him an apologetic smile.

Baby. If you don't answer back soon then I'm going to use your name.

I mean it. You'd better reply.

Life or death Babes.

I'm going to do it.

Don't test me vampy.

"He's persistent", Danny commented as he read the texts. "You actually told him your real name?"

"Yeah", Baby sighed. "Actually his dad found out because he came across my missing persons file". He pressed the call button and held it up to his ear. Stiles answered on the first ring.

"Romeo Valentine Goldsmiths", he hissed. "You need to meet us in the basement ASAP".

"What's going on?" Baby sighed, leaning against the lockers. He really didn't want to get caught up in another supernatural threat. He had only just gotten the stitches out of his arm.

"There's bomber on the loose and he's targeting kids with glowing eyes"

"Oh", Baby replied softly. "I'll meet you in the basement then".

Unedited

Stiles and Baby getting annoyed at each other and using full names is my head canon.