Chapter Thirty-Three - Luna Smith's P.O.V (Alpha twins Mother, Liz)

Sitting peacefully across from Rayne and Kane at the welcoming ceremony, I can't help but smile indulgently at them. They have never looked this happy and to see a constant smile on their handsome faces makes me feel so content as a mother.

The last week I have spent getting to know Ashley has been amazing. I knew instantly that she was a suitable mate for my boys. They can be strong-willed and stubborn sometimes, but Ashley will balance them out. She is the yin to their yang—the light to their darkness. Not only is she strong physically but also emotionally, and to her credit, she didn't let their attitude this last week rattle her.

All night I can't help but look at how the three of them interact with one another. Rayne and Kane are too cute. They constantly have to touch Ashley. Her hands, her face, her hair. They continually look at her with awe in their eyes.

Every so often, a slight scowl crosses Ashley's face. I am sure she is still trying to process having two mates who are so infatuated with her. Poor girl I think, with a gentle laugh. She has much adjusting to do having my boys fussing over her so much.

It reassures me that their relationship will move forwards positively every time I catch Ashley looking at Rayne and Kane with the same awe on her face when she thinks no one is looking. I am unsure what her feelings are for them but know that she isn't far from falling for them as they have her.

Ashley took the bull by the horns and laid all the cards on the table much to the twins suprise. My husband and I were than happy for the boys, Tyson had spent no time making phone calls to every Alpha he knew to boast about the new addition to the family.

When the boys had contacted me via mind-link this morning I was thrilled. They had informed me that Ashley wanted to mark them. It seemed sudden considering the week they had but had to give Ashley credit for wanting to claim what was hers so swiftly now that the cat was out of the bag.

Rayne and Kane's non-stop cheerful chatter instantly reminded me of when they were children, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. As usual, I just had to wait patiently until their considerable excitement simmered down. I hadn't seen them this excited over something since they were children. As a mother, I was so happy for them. They had finally found the other half of their souls.

Once they had adequately informed me of their plans, they asked me if I could organise a ceremony to announce Ashley as the new Luna of River Run. Their excitement was contagious, and even though I had doubts about Ashley wanting a celebration so soon, I couldn't help but feed off my boys' happiness and eagerly agreed as long as they could keep Ashley busy for the day.

Something I regretted asking the moment it left my mouth. Some things a mother doesn't need to hear from her sons, so I quickly put up the wall in my mind to block out their reply.

Not wanting to waste time, I headed straight to town in search of an elegant gown for Ashley to wear to the ceremony. I sent the boys several texts with photos of dresses until they could finally decide on one. Admiring their choice, I had to agree, Ashley was already stunning, but I had no doubts that the floor-length gold gown would hug her curves just right and set off her lovely lilac coloured eyes and gorgeous silver hair.

Most of the day was spent catering, organising the pack, and decorating the vast back yard into something worthy of welcoming Ashley. Since Ashly had already been in our territory for over a week, there were very few who had not yet had the pleasure to meet her, and everybody was thrilled that she was going to become their Luna.

Obviously, her little display this morning had the desired affect as it didn't take long for people to scurry over to the packhouse to ask if the rumours were true.
Tyson and I just laughed when we heard about her claiming our boys so publicly and warning off the females.

It was the kick in the arse the boys needed, I thought fondly. They were good boys but sometimes held grudges for just a little too long. We had seen the hurt when they returned from Blood Moon and had expected them to be upset for a while but didn't think it would have taken them a whole week, possibly more if Ashley hadn't intervened, to start behaving civilly towards their mate.

The entire week I had spent trying to coax them to forgive Ashley, I could see they were being worn down. The jealous and heated tempers when another man looked at her was starting to make them crack.

More than once, I had caught them looking at Ashley with stupid grins on their faces and knew that they had fallen for her already. Hard. They were stubborn mules. When they had asked to talk to their father and me about Ashley and the rejection, they had tried to guard their true feelings, but the more Tyson praised them for being mated to such a magnificent she-wolf, the bigger their radiant smiles were.

While I had spent the day planning the celebration Tyson had spent most of the day making the invites. He didn't miss a beat telling everyone and anyone who would listen that his new daughter in law, Ashley Miller, was the only female Beta in werewolf history and that she was soon to be Luna of the biggest werewolf pack in history.

If Rayne or Kane had any doubts of what their parents thought of their mate, they wouldn't have any after today. We were both so proud and content.

The twins were bursting with fierce pride when they lovingly introduced Ashley to the pack at the ceremony. The crowd went wild, clapping and cheering. A few wolf whistles in jest earned the owner a growl, much to the crowd's genuine amusement. Poor Ashley, I thought. The boys will be super protective of her; they will have to learn to let her defend herself though otherwise, they might smother her. Ashley knows how to look after herself and has done it time and time again.

Rayne and Kane spent the evening introducing Ashley to everyone, showing her off proudly. To her credit, she handled being in between the boys protectively all night well. Before midnight they excused themselves and went to show Ashley the second surprise they had organised for her.

I knew that they were not going to be here for long but hoped the next few months that they could at least be comfortable here. There was so much to do now that the twins would rule the largest wolf pack in the world besides their soulmate.