Chapter Forty-Five -Luna Miller's P.O.V (Alpha Twin's Mother)

"Are you two quite finished with your tantrum yet," I reasonably asked the twins, as much as I dearly loved my sons my incredible patience with their petulance was wearing quite thin today. Since learning of Ashley's plans of mating Zac as soon as possible had been earnestly discussed they had been in a murderous mood.

Thankfully for Ashley they had wisely decided to come home for 24 hours while the bond was completed, lord knows they may have actually gone through with their initial plan of sentencing the poor boy to death. And what for? Zac couldn't control fate as much as Ashley could. I mean, the circumstances were weird. Even I could willingly admit that. In the modern history of werewolves, there had never been mention of anyone having more than one mate.

Well, technically a werewolf could have two. A second chance mate. Precisely what the moon goddess had given Zac. And if I was being honest, he deserved it. The boy was sweet and has been in love with Ashley since they were kids. "If anyone deserves three mates, it is Ashley" at that the boys both turned towards me, fierce eyes narrowed with low growls emitting from their huge chests. "Knock it off boys" I huffed. Jesus, I have to stop thinking about my sons as boys. They were clearly men now. The conscious thought filled my heart with happiness as I took a minute to take in how handsome they had matured.

"Hear me out before you growl at me. Nothing about Ashley is vanilla. She is a fighter. With blood, sweat and tears she worked her way up from being just a pack member and future Luna to becoming one of the best Beta's the werewolf community has seen. Not only that but she is also the first female Beta ever. Ashley was also the first Luna in history to be mated to twins, which in itself is unusual. On top of all of that she KILLED an Alpha and efficiently absorbed his pack, along with amalgamating three packs to create the largest werewolf pack the world has ever seen. Ashley isn't like any other female werewolf I have met nor likely to." Both Rayne and Kane seemed to be calming down as I spoke, thank goodness, I couldn'ttake their mood much longer.

"It just hurts. Thinking about having to share her with anyone other than my brother" Rayne replies, his shoulders slumping in what I can only describe as defeat. "I know sweetheart, but imagine how Zac felt when he found out that his partner of several years was not only mated to one but two Alpha's. He must have been crushed." The only reply I get from the boys was a series of non-committal grunts.

"Stop being pig headed. The more you push against this bond, which is inevitable I might add, the more you risk pushing Ashley away. I have already talked to her about this, and she is gutted that it is undoubtedly hurting you both so much. She loves you both dearly and while she can't see how the complex dynamics are going to work right now, she is more than willing to sort it all out with the three of you to ensure that it does." "I want you both to get your heads out of the sand and help her out here. She needs you both now more than ever," I continue.

"Your right" Kane replies with a sigh, wearing the same look of defeat as his brother. Seeing them hurting makes my heart ache but there was nothing for it. Their relationship was unusual to say the least, but Ashley was a worthy partner who needed to have her mates by her side in everything if they were to survive.

"I know I am. Mother's know best remember" I say trying to lighten the mood. "You are welcome to stay the night but after that I will be turfing your arses out of the house so that you can begin to make things right with Ashley. And Zac." I add on quickly, knowing that they won't go against me on that. Well, I sure hoped my boys wouldn't. Fingers crossed anyway.

Letting out profound sighs, the boys both stood "We know you are right Mum, it doesn't make it any easier, though. How are we supposed to share Ashley with Zac. The thought scares and angers me equally" Rayne questions, his brows pulled down in contemplation? "Buy a bigger bed" I reply promptly waggling my brows "Ashley truly is a lucky she wolf" I answer wistfully, imagine having not one but three strong mates, the thought makes me want to swoon. Not that my husband isn't enough, because he certainly is. I just can't help but think how lucky Ashley is.

On the other hand though, three males to try and keep happy. Hmmm maybe I should pity her instead I think with a snicker. "What's funny," Kane asks, cocking an eyebrow in my direction. "Nothing," I reply, trying and failing to conceal my amusement. "Forget about tonight, Ashley and Zac will be bonded and there is nothing you can do except look to the future and take each day as it comes. You don't have to like it but you have to learn to live with the hand you have been dealt. I am certain that with time the relationship dynamics will fall into place and it will be as easy as breathing. For Ashley's sake though you need to accept this and try to make it work. Time to cease sulking and to hurry up and get home to start working on producing me some grand babies, I am not getting any younger you know," I reply.

Nothing in this world would make me happier right now than to be a grandmother and to retire with pups running around my backyard. The boys faces light up at the mention of Ashely becoming pregnant, it might just be the kick in the pants they need to keep their relationship on track. I know they both love Ashley with all their heart and that they will do the right thing by her in the end. No matter how much it hurts them right now.

They were not dealt the easiest relationship by the moon goddess but I knew that they were more than strong enough to make this work and that something exceptionally beautiful would blossom from it. Now to get them out of my house and back to their Luna to start working on my grandchildren I thought with a huge smile on my face.