Chapter Twenty - Alpha Dante's P.O.V

The rogues and I had established camp just south of the Blood Moon pack territory line two nights ago, waiting for the appropriate time to strike. If Ashley had thought I was finished with her, she was mistaken. I would never be finished with her.

The Blood Moon pack had erroneously believed that I was dead, I thought with a snort. They had easily given up looking for my body after I had tumbled off the cliff with their Beta. As if a fall could kill me. I am Alpha fucking Dante. Not some scrawny little fucking pup.

Cruel revenge would be mine, and it would be soon. I couldn't wait to bring Ashley, and her parents, to their knees with what I had planned. They were so arrogant that they had never considered that there was a mole amongst them. A mole that was feeding me intel almost daily. 

I had learned yesterday that a young she-wolf sincerely believed Delta McMillan to be her mate, and it was too good an opportunity to pass up. It was almost hilarious how stupid females were with their incessant gossip. The young lady had been eager to part with her suspicions on more than one occasion.

I was genuinely surprised that Delta McMillan hadn't already been told of the whispers. But then again, my spy had informed me that he had not left Ashley's side for the last few days. How gallant of him, I thought with a contemptuous sneer.

It was almost laughable how easy it was to send in a few dozen rogues to create a diversion and even easier to snatch the unsuspecting young lady right from under their noses. No one would even know the direct connection. That was until I was ready to reveal it anyway.

And I would as soon as we got her a safe distance for their territory lines and made sure Ashley had taken the bait I had left in the forest for her to find. I know she won't pass up the chance to help that little pup Zac save his mate. She was so predictable it made him almost feel sorry for the fate he had planned for her. Almost being the keyword. My every waking thought was ways I could destroy her.

I was tired of the way my pack looked at me. Tired of the way they sneered at me behind my back. And it was all Ashley's mother's fault. The bitch would pay. I thought if I finished Ashley quickly and soon that I would be able to focus more on my pack so enlisted the help of rogues, offering them land and protection from other rival packs. They were more than eager to help.

If only Ashley's had mother had rejected her mate for me I thought bitterly. It was a profound mistake I was never going to let her forget. I would do everything in my power to take away the one thing that they loved more than their mate bond. I would take their daughter.

The little she-wolf that my men had captured was nothing compared to Ashley. Poor little Zac was downgrading badly, I thought with a laugh. The little waif that stood in front of me with a sack over her head and hands tied roughly behind her back was barely 5'5 and was not a warrior. She also hadn't stopped crying hysterically, which only delighted me more.

It was going to be easy to frighten this girl and get her to obey my every commanded. Hmmm I wondered how long until someone noticed she was missing. My spy had informed me that the visiting packs would be leaving in 24 hours. No doubt it wouldn't take long.

I had left a note in the forest along with her clothing for one of the patrols to find and could not wait for the game to begin. Grabbing the needle from my back pocket, I ripped the cap off with my teeth and strode over to the snivelling little she-wolf. Grabbing her roughly by the neck I injected the needle into it through the coarse material of the sack. "Let the games begin," I yelled into the darkness.