Chapter Thirty-Seven - Mia's P.O.V (Zac's mate)

What a delicious turn of events being mated to Zac had been. Alpha Dante and I had been plotting for the last 12 months ways  to get close to Ashley and didn't the goddess twist fate perfectly, I thought with a maniacal laugh.

It would have all went smoothly, hadn't Dante changed the plan last minute. He stupidly believed that he could take on three Alphas. Two birds, one stone he said. Or, in that case, three birds, one stone. Well, four, Dante had wanted to make Ashley pay and murdering not only her father, lover, and mates would have destroyed her.

In his head, Ashley would have been forced to accept his hand. But once again, Dante had underestimated Ashley and had paid for it with his life.

I had been so furious with the change in plans that Dante and I had fought furiously and he had almost killed me with rage. He would have succeeded had Ashley not shown up and saved me.

My heart shattered into a million jagged  pieces when I came to and realized that Ashley had killed Dante. He was unhinged, but he was my unhinged. He had promised me the world if I helped him.

At first, I nievely thought he had loved me, but then over time I realized he only liked his bed warm and someone to discuss Ashley with. His obsession with her knew no bounds. It hadn't bothered me though. I knew my end game. To become a Luna.

Being raised by Omega parents and being bossed around wasn't how I pictured my life. No. I wanted more. I craved more. When I had accidentally bumped into Alpha Dante, I could feel the power radiating off him. I was drawn to his dark aura and would do anything to be by his side. To be his Luna. Meeting him changed my life and I finally felt like I would succeed.

I was crying genuine tears the day Ashley rescued me, she had screwed over all my plans, and it seemed helpless. But then I was moved into the Blood Moon packhouse, and I quickly realized that there was another angle that I could play.

I could still take away everything she loved. I could still become Luna. All I ever wanted to do was to kill Ashley so that Dante would stop obsessing with her. I would have to switch to his plan now that he was dead.

I would need to exterminate Ashley and her mates so that I could claim her title. Her pack. And because I was a bitch, I would eliminate the most precious thing to her. Zac.

Zac held zero appeal for me. He was too nice. Too clean cut. Too handsome. When I had first learned he was my mate, it had made me so physically sick that I had to pretend that I was head over heels for him when in reality, all I wanted to do was be in Dante's arms. Where I belonged.

With him gone I realised that I could fly under the radar, I would make the situation work to my advantage. By being in the Blood Moon packhouse, I had spent the last week gathering significant information. Like the whereabouts of Ashley and her mates.

It came as no surprise me that Zac was going to be one of Ashley's escorts to River Run territory. It was clear he was pining for her. It made the task that much easier, having all four of my targets in the same place simultaneously though.

With Zac out of the packhouse, I would be able to get away much more effortlessly.
Slipping into my private bedroom, I quickly stuffed an overnight bag with the bare essentials. My wolf, Shay, was only a slight built wolf-like myself, so I made sure to pack my silver dagger. Being petite, I had to fight smarter, not harder.

Not that I would let Shay forward in a fight, she was useless as far as I was concerned, and we didn't get along. Shay was a stuck-up bitch. "Look who's talking", she snarles viciously with a sharp snap of her teeth. "You are becoming as unhinged as Dante and his wolf were," she continues bitterly with a low growl.

"And you wonder why I don't let you out more, Shay," I spit back, unamused by her theatrics. "You are the definition of weak," Shay replies. "You will never be Ashley," she continues relentlessly trying to goad me.

"I swear to god I will drink wolfsbane if you don't shut the fuck up, Shay," I scream shrilly inside my head. The bitch turns her back on me and stalks away, knowing full well that I will do it. I have done it before just to spite her.

Later that day, Zac stiffly kisses my forehead goodbye and I quietly watch the tail lights of his SUV gradually fade away. Allowing half an hour until I climb into the car Zac has gifted me to head in the same direction.

Zac was going to escort Ashley and the Alpha twins, so I would have plenty of time to beat him to River Run territory. Because of my alliance with Dante, I had an insider waiting eagerly for me, one whose bed I had also warmed over the years.

Dante's Beta, Tobias. Now that Dante was no longer in the picture, Tobias and I would be able to rule. Once we have taken care of those in our way, we would be rulers of the most extensive pack the world had ever seen. The thought had my nipples hardening to stiff peaks and warmth flooding my core.

I would no longer be a lowly Omega nor mated to someone as vanilla and bland as Zac. Just his name made me want to gag. The only one who I would be sorry to murder was going to be Ashley.

I didn't know if it was because I had spent so long living in her shadow and learning all about her or if it was the fact that she was so selfless when she rescued me. Even I could appreciate that it must have killed her to rescue her lovers' mate.

She had walked in like a badass and fought tooth and nail for me. Sighing wistfully, I knew it had to be done, though. If I didn't eliminate the Luna, I could not become the Luna.

Cranking the music on the stereo, I drummed my dexterous fingers on the steering wheel and allowed myself to zone out. It was going to be a long night, one that will go down in history, I think with a chuckle.

Zac, Ashley and the Alpha twins had no idea what they were walking head-on into. They would soon find out.

As I got closer to the River Run territory, I parked the car at an abandoned warehouse a couple of kilometers from the packhouse and waited for Tobias. I didn't want anyone to see me, and due to not allowing Shay freedom often, I decided that it was best to be picked up.

It wasn't long before a black Jeep came into view, and Tobias was pulling up beside me. "Ready, babe," he calls out with a grin. "Ready," I reply as I jump into the car. Leaning over, I fist the front of his shirt to bring him closer to me, instantly wanting to erase Zac's touches and replace them with Tobias's.

The thrill of our plan has my body humming, so I deepen the kiss and slid over the center console until I am straddling his muscular body. Tobias groans into my mouth, and then without warning, he has his large hands under my sundress, ripping my panties off.

Fumbling with the button and zipper on his jeans, I quickly release his large, thick cock and then lower myself onto it with urgency. I am so engrossed by what I am doing that I almost forget that Zac will be able to feel that I am being unfaithful.

Curse the fucking mate bond, I think bitterly. I take a few deed breaths before hurrying back over to my seat, panting hard. Fuck, I can't believe I almost ruined all our plans. Tobias must realize the potential implications as he lets out an exhale followed by, "Shit, we almost fucked up."

"This will all be over in 24 hours, my love, and then there will be no stopping us," I say with a smirk. "Let's get going. We need to make sure everything is in place before their arrival."

Tomorrow I will be Luna Summer, the ruler of the largest werewolf pack in the world and I couldn't wait to make anyone who had ever wronged me pay with their lives.

Thanks for reading my story and following it. I enjoy all the messages and endeavor to always reply to them. Thank you also to those who point out errors, I am always grateful to be able to fix them xxx Once I have finished this story I will go back over the entire thing and fix plot holes, story line and any errors. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you would like to be kept in the loop or to see pictures of each character please don't forget to follow me on Facebook as well as Instagram xx