Come Over when You're Sober-01

Rio came back over so we could talk again. I knew this time I couldn't suggest it to him, I had to tell him. "We're gonna go on a break, at least until I come back. You're free to do whatever you want while I'm gone, even when I'm back. I just don't think we're good for each other right now." 

I'd usually let a toxic relationship slide and destroy me from the inside out, but that's not me anymore. We're not teenagers, we're not in high school anymore. I wasn't going to destroy myself when I could just take time to myself. 

"Liyah-"

"-No, Rio. We need to, I don't care about you fixing anything because at the end of the day, my mom walked out on me. That was her choice, she chose to do that. There's nothing there to fix." He sighed, sitting down on the small wall behind him. "Okay I guess... I hope you have fun on tour."

"I do too." 

"So you've finally come to your senses about your mother and now want me to unfreeze your account?" I sat in my fathers office, talking to him about everything that happened with mom. "Dan had every right to be mad, but mom chose to walk out... I guess you were right about her all along. She's gonna continue to choose other men over her own family." 

"I guess I told you so, I'll unfreeze your account later today so you'll money while you're traveling. But just know, you're putting this family in a terrible position by picking the wrong sides. I'd think before I made actions if I were you." Was he threatening me? Father of the year award goes to Joshua Sonders I guess. 

I left his office feeling eery about the entire conversation that had just happened. 

I flew out private to where Gus was, meeting him when I landed. But of course, the camera crew just had to be there when I landed. I just wanted to get some sleep, there was so much turbulence on the plane that I was too scared to even close my eyes. 

The next day, Gus and I had a show. We performed some unreleased and ended up going to an after party. I got to meet some artists that were there for some reason. 

We also found Tracy there which was a relief, I hadn't seen the kid in so long. I clung to him almost the entire night since we were with other rappers. "So, how's your tour going? I know you just got back yesterday."

"It's nice traveling with Gus, he's super annoying sometimes though. He literally poured water on me to wake me up this morning and thought it was funny enough to post on his story."  He rolled his eyes, handing me the blunt he had. "Yeah, he thinks he's the most humorous person to walk this earth. But I mean, we've known this since high school."

We spent the rest of the night talking about everything that happened back in Michigan after he left. It was nice catching up with him, although we still aren't close just like in High school, he was good company.

(A/N: Very short chapter, I think I'm starting to get writers block again because I've been writing non stop lately. I think I just wanted to get as many chapters as I could done and plus I had a ton of ideas for the plot that I needed to get them all written down before I forgot anything. I hope you guys are enjoying the book and the chapters to come since we're getting closer to the end of the book. I've noticed that since I made an update schedule my books are growing a little bit slower lately. It's all good though, I'm just glad it's gaining a little but of traction since it's harder to grow as a fanfic writer nowadays.)