Come Over When You're Sober-04

Dad had sent some work over for me to do for him, mainly paperwork. He minus well hire me if I'm gonna keep doing this, it's basically free labor at this point. My fingers typed on the keyboard, making it click and tap in the process. My mind was focused on the immense amount of paperwork I was doing when Peep barged in with a bunch of bags.

Shutting the computer, I rolled my eyes at the blonde. "What's all this?" He just sat them down in front of me and gestured for me to open everything. Inside were a bunch of clothes and new jewelry, I don't get why he keeps spending so much money on me though.

He also gave me a few of his hoodies he had with him on the tour bus. "Fun fact, I still have some of the hoodies I took from you in high school." He raised an eyebrow at me, patiently waiting for me to show him.

I quickly grabbed them and came back with them. "This is like half my closet from back then, you basically took all my clothes." I just gave an innocent smile as I slid one over my head. The AC was pumping through a little too strong and it began to get freezing. Gus seemed to be okay with the cold somehow.

"Can you teach me Star Shopping on the guitar? I'd try to teach myself but that performance would be all too embarrassing." He chuckled, picking the guitar up and sitting down on the seat. I sat down next to him, feeling him placing it in my arms and wrapping his own around me. He began positioning my hands, helping me with the chords.

Things got a little awkward the more he touched me, making me shift in my seat.

I hadn't felt butterflies in a while, but when I finally did again, it felt... surreal. I hadn't felt like this around Gus in years given the fact I resented him for so long, and now that I don't, all the repressed emotions I tried to get rid of were coming back up.

It felt wrong given the fact Rio and I have just gone on a break and I haven't been alone In a while since.

"Go get ready, we're gonna go to breakfast." I saw no reason to get dressed up. I just threw on jeans and a hoodie, but of course, I wore my combat boots. "Wow, haven't seen you dress like that since Long Island, newbie." There was the nickname, the one that had the biggest life impact on me. I'm not being dramatic either, being the Long Island newbie changed my life forever.

Once again, paparazzi were all over the place when we went out. Thus causing the media to go wild. I was kind of getting used to it at this point, no thanks to the label or my manager who ended up flying out here. I didn't have the patience to deal with her today.

Gus and I hadn't cleared things up with the rumors in the last couple of weeks which is what I'm guessing she wanted to talk about.

"Hear me out, this could be an amazing publicity stunt given the fact you'll be releasing music together within the next couple of months. The fans already wanna see you together, it'll help it gain more traction and the two of you will gain new followers left and right." I didn't like the idea of faking a relationship since I can get easily attached to someone, but it would be good for our careers.

"I don't know, Kaci. It'll look weird in the media, just imagine the headlines about how fast I move on." She rolled her eyes at me, scoffing in the process. "The media would love it, they already love it now! Just let me be your manager for once and listen to me." I wasn't sure about this. I mean, she's actually quite awful at her job if I'm being honest. I always end up doing things before she says to.

It seems like I've got better knowledge of the industry than she does at this point. "We'll think about it, don't pressure her into it though. She's new to being in the spotlight and you need to remember that. She's got enough going on as bad as it is." I appreciated Gus for sticking up for me, not that I needed it with her. I was the predator and she was the prey in this moment, and the moments leading up to this.

"Fine, I'll see you guys at your next show but for now, Manager Kaci has a hotel and a massage to get to." Kaci had her moments when she was okay, but any other time, I wanted to literally rip her apart.