Come Over When You're Sober-07

I stayed backstage for most of our shows, not wanting to accidentally show my bump. I didn't know what I was going to do. I'm so young, and the baby would be born into the worst family and world. It'd be born to a mother who was once a drug addict, someone who's selfish. I didn't deserve a child.

I wore mostly baggy clothes, especially since it was the last couple of weeks of tour left. We're in Arizona now and were trying to make the most out of the rest of the time we had left. But this baby was preventing me from doing that. I stopped smoking, I refused to drink and everything else. I didn't dance on stage, I tried to stay out of the spotlight lately.

I still hadn't processed anything even though I've had a decent amount of time to. I never told Gus about my thoughts of getting an abortion, too scared about what his reaction would be.

"I was thinking we could go out to dinner later? I just figured you'd want to get your mind off things." I saw his eyes travel down to my stomach, making me cover it with my arms. It had become a defense mechanism for me lately.

"Sure, but nothing fancy so I don't have to dress up." He seemed kind of sad, he knew I liked the fancy dinners. And ever since I got pregnant, I always opted out of them. "Sure, get some rest though." He helped me lay down, which, I didn't need. He's been so calm and careful around me lately, I mean, he usually is, but it's different than that. I was glad I was off the crutches though, I only had them for a couple days before my ankle was better.

"Have you told your dad?' I shook my head no. "I don't want him to know, especially with the investigation on him. I don't want him to try anything." I knew Gus was excited, but he kept it to a minimum. For the first time, I let him touch my bump. A smile played on his face as he rubbed his hand over it.

"When's the next appointment?" I had completely forgotten that babies require check ups while they're still in the womb, I definitely wasn't ready for motherhood and it was clear. "I never set one up, you can do it if you want."

"Sure, doesn't that mean they do an ultrasound too? You don't mind if I'm in the room, right?" He couldn't keep his excitement in at this point, but I didn't mind. It was his first child, mine too...

"Aaliyah! Du bist wunderschön!" Grandma and grandpa? "Oma, was machst du hier?" What a lucky girl I am to know German, no thanks to my parents. I had to learn on my own since it's my grandparents first language on my dads side. "Your friend asked us to come, he thought you needed a small... How do you say? um... pick me up."

"Oma, I'm glad you're here but this isn't really a good time." Of course he had to fly them out when I just found out I'm pregnant. Thank god for large hoodies though. "Es ist in Ordnung, komm schon, lass uns sitzen."

"English so you can talk to Gus." Although my grandparents were fairly old, they didn't look their age. They looked as if they were in their mid forties despite being in their fifties and sixties. "Your father told us about your mother and that... man she's with who had kids. Of course she'd choose another man over her family." I never knew everybody In this family hated her.

"Oma, please, not here." Gus rested a hand on my own. "It's fine, bunny. How are the two of you? Great I'm hoping?"

"We're wonderful, we took a trip to France this week, it was beautiful," Grandpa hadn't spoken a word to me. "Opa, is everything alright?" He had an uneasy look on his face. "I never thought we'd see you again, but thanks to this young man, I get to see my granddaughter after years of watching from the sidelines."

"it's really nothing sir-"

"No. Her father and mother wouldn't let us see her, but she's an adult now and had no way of contacting us. You took the liberty of doing so yourself and that, young man, I am grateful for." they were always the thankful, sweet, affectionate type. So it didn't surprise me that they spent the rest of the night praising Gus for his doings.

"I can get the two of you a hotel if you'd like to stay a little longer," They tried to protest but I wouldn't have it. "I haven't seen the two of you in years... Stay a while. You probably wouldn't like our music but you can even come to our next show."

"Of course, Hase. We'll stay a little longer."

I felt bad that I didn't tell them about the baby, but frankly, I didn't want to tell anyone.