Come Over When You're Sober-05

For the first time in a long time, we finally caught a break. We decided to spend out day at an abandoned skate park Gus found. It was pretty run down for the most part but there were still some structures up. "This would've been the perfect place to bring a photographer."

"No more cameras, Aaliyah. At least for today. Today is our day." Right, our day. It dawned on me in that moment that today was my heartbreak anniversary; the day Gus and I went our separate ways from each other. I could feel my heart drop to my stomach just at the thought of it all, his words stuck with me to this day. And although I forgave him, I'll never forget what someone said to me out of anger. A drunk person speaks a sober tongue.

"Fine, but I do have to warn you, I'm kind of a beast when it comes to skating now. I'm pretty much better than you at this point." He scoffed at my statement. "You'll never be better than me, I practically taught you everything you know." I raised a finger, making him stop talking. "Actually I thought myself everything I know, you taught me the basics and a kick flip. You aren't special."

He gave a fake hurt, earning an eye roll in response from me. We made it a competition, trying to outdo the other the entire time. I completely regretted that when I twisted my ankle coming off a railing. "Yeah, no I totally regret that." Gus jogged over to me, checking out my ankle. "We should get you back so you can get your ankle wrapped. It's gonna swell up eventually, we should just take it easy."

I somehow always managed to get hurt skating with Gus. It happened in high school, and it happened just now. He helped me to my feet, picking up my board for me in the process. "Thanks, guess your my bad omen of skating now." He chuckled, brown orbs piercing into me. Once again, that feeling of butterflies came back.

And once again, his eyes flickered between my lips and eyes.

I didn't want to wait, I couldn't wait. We were interrupted in the car, and things have been weird ever since. So, now was the perfect time to close the gap. And I did just that, feeling his hand travel to my lower back to support me.

I was practically kissing the devil. Hellboy was going to be the death of me someday.

I ended up having to be on crutches until it started feeling better, they didn't want it to get any worse than what it already is. "Where are you taking me, Gus?" He was driving somewhere unknown to me, I had zero idea where we were going. "I found this place that would be cool to smoke at, it's kind of like the one we had in Long Island but better."

"Nothing is better than that smoke spot." He rolled his eyes, driving up a small hill before he parked the car. "Okay well maybe it's just slightly better." The view was amazing, he got us here just in time for sunset too.

We sat on the grass, letting the wind blow in our faces. I was glad I had put his sweat on, it was way too windy for my liking. The crisp air was making my hands cold, so I slog the sleeves down just enough to cover them.

"So... What's been going on with Rio and You? I know you guts are on a break but-"

"I haven't spoken to him since I left, Gus. I told his brother to him to stop texting and calling me. We just... Aren't good for each other right now. It's like a right person, wrong time kind of situation." He gave me a small, reassuring smile in return. Although it didn't make me feel better about the situation, it's like wasted my time and effort on him in a way.

I didn't know about those guns, and he never told me about. In all honesty, the several years I was around him, I never knew they kept guns stashed like that. We brought the kids over and he willingly put them in danger knowing they'd be curious to look around the house. I wasn't mad at Dan or Carl, I was mad at Rio and myself. I put too much trust into him to take care of kids.

"What are your real plans for when the tour is over? I know you didn't really want to talk to them, but you can always tell me. Only if you want to though." I let out a long, breathy sigh. I took in the scenery around me, letting the fading rays of sun hit my face and make it glow.

"I'm not sure, but whatever I do, I want it to be with you and wherever you go..."

3rd POV

The night air brushed against the two bodies, making the raven-haired girl cuddle up next to the tall blonde boy next to her. Her head rested against his shoulder, and his hands rested on her thigh and back to keep her upright.

Nothing would ever be the same, and they knew that. There was no possible way for them to go back in time and change everything that happened, and even if there was, they would choose not to. Because they realized that without their past, they would've never had a future together.

Aaliyah wanted this to last forever, but not every story has a happy ending, or an ending at all.