Origin part 6: The Dictator

Look, I'm going to be real with you. I have never seen Rick and Morty and don't really know much about this character's origin. So yeah, don't expect some really in-depth backstory of how he became president or any of that. We're just skipping along to after he won the election and became incredibly powerful. That being said, if I mess up something, please tell me.

A young boy walked down an empty hallway, feet dragging on the floor. He found himself at the top of a staircase and began his descent down to the basement. The smell of blood was strong down here but he had gotten used to it. Maybe if the idiots of this dimension just accepted his rule, then it wouldn't smell like blood so much.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of screaming. The young boy looked up and saw someone who looked exactly like him being tortured. A sadistic smile grew on the boy's face and he walked towards the copy. "No! Stay away from me!" "Hm, I might let you go. . . if you pledge your allegiance to me." The other version of him glared daggers at the boy and shook his head. "Absolutely not!" "Then you asked for it. We can't have rebels tarnishing our perfect Citadel." The boy took out a gun and shot the copy in the chest, effectively silencing any more disputes.

Unfortunately, the boy could not enjoy his kill because a beeping sound was summoning him. The boy groaned and took a phone out of his pocket, answering the call. "What is it?" he asked harshly. The basement was silent as he listened to the voice on the other line, then a sigh. "Okay, I'm coming. Don't do anything without me there." 

The boy put his gun away and quickly went up the stairs and walked over to the meeting room. He opened the door and a bunch of men with spiky blue hair and lab coats looked over at him. "Thank you for joining us, President Morty." Morty rolled his uncovered eye, clearly sensing the sarcasm in their voice. He took a seat and one of the men stood up and pressed a button on a remote, projecting a hologram screen. 

On the screen was a forest. Morty raised a brow in a bored fashion, trying to see what was so special about a forest. "This is what you dragged me over here for, Rick?" Rick tensed and held back a groan then pressed another button. The screen zoomed in on 5 teens around his age. Once again Morty was visibly unimpressed.  

The Rick sighed and pressed a play button, starting up a video. The 5 kids were just walking through the forest, not much to say there. A large eagle landed on one of them and they started to freak out. Morty was about to leave, feeling that this was a waste of time, when one of them blasted blue fire out of their hands. That immediately caught his attention.

"What the- how did they- who the hell are these people!?" The Ricks all gave him a smug grin and he rolled his eye, looking away from them. "These, sir, are the people causing that magical anomaly. The one you would know about if you didn't lock yourself away in your room." Morty glared at him but the Rick only rolled his eyes and continued. "They seem to be humans but with enhanced abilities. Most likely being received after an encounter with a magical entity."

Morty just nodded, slightly tuning out what Rick was saying. All he knew was that he needed these. . . kids. With power like that, he could expand his reign and rule over the entire multiverse.

"All missions are off.  Bring me these kids."

~~3 weeks later~~

Morty sat at his desk, drawing up blueprints for a new project when a Rick burst in. The young president jumped a little and scowled at the Rick. "I've told you all to stop bursting into my room. Knocking was invented for a fucking reason." Rick glared at him then said, "we have the children that you requested."

Morty's eye went wide and he quickly got out of his chair. "Well!? Don't just stand there! Bring me to them!" Rick nodded and Morty followed him down to the basement where the prisoners were kept. Even from the beginning of the hallway, Morty could hear screaming. What surprised him was that the screaming belonged to the Rick that guarded the prison cells.