Chapter 15: Night Before the Festival

You woke up to the sound of your daughter struggling to climb up on your bed. You looked over seeing her little leg trying to give her leverage to climb up on Levi's side. You tapped him and he immediately flinched to look down.

With one arm he picked her up and she crawled to lie between you two. "Good morning!" She exclaimed, hugging you while leaning her head on your chest.

"Good morning." You said, yawning afterwards. You kissed her forehead and she then went to hug Levi, leaning her head on his chest, to which he kissed her head too, while wrapping his arms around her. "Are you hungry?" You asked and she nodded.

"What are we doing today?" She asked you.

"You're staying with Leo again today." You said plainly and for the first time hearing that she looked disappointed.

"Mommy?" You looked at her as she was still hanging onto Levi, who was stroking her hair softly. "Why am I staying with them again today?" She asked, giving you a sad face.

"Because I have to go to work too." You said, reaching for her and she wrapped her hand around some of your fingers.

"You're working again?" She looked sad, and it was breaking your heart.

"Yes... I have to... I have to get your uncle back." You said, now pushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Please don't stay away too long." She pouted and you moved in closer to her and kissed her cheeks.

"I promise this is only temporary." You tried to convince her, but she wasn't buying it.

"I don't want to lose you guys." She buried her face in Levi's chest and you could hear her sniffle, she continued to mutter something in his chest, but it wasn't audible at all. You wrapped yourself around the both of them and Levi swung his arm to wrap over you too.

"You won't lose us." He said to her as he squeezed the both of you tighter.

"Kuchel, look at me." You said to her and she turned her head, her small lips wobbling and you wiped at her tears. "There's no way you're going to lose us. Do you remember what mommy always said motivated us to stay alive?" She nodded. "What was it?"

"Each other." Her voice cracked a little and you continued to wipe her tears.

"Exactly and now that we have something else to motivate us," you pinched her nose and she smiled a bit through her tears, "We're sure as hell are going to do everything we can to survive and come back to you." You reassured and she nodded as she rubbed one of her eyes.

"We love you, you know that..." Levi added and she nodded again, still rubbing her eye. "Especially me, I love you so much!" He lifted her up and she giggled as she was hoisted up by him. "And your mommy can vouch for me that when I love something, I do everything I can to come back to it." He brought her back down and kissed her cheek again and again, showering her with them. 

"Okay! Okay! Daddy stop!" She laughed out, pushing on his mouth. "I love you guys too!" She added, smiling at you.

"Alright! I'll go start breakfast." You said, sitting up right. "Go get ready... Daddy, help her." You tapped his shoulder and he gave you a disapproving look and you stuck your tongue out.

As you swung your legs off of the bed, Levi now stood up, putting Kuchel down on the floor. When you went to stand your legs quivered and you immediately sat back down.

Holy shit...

"Are you okay?" Kuchel asked looking genuinely concerned and when you looked up at Levi you wanted to slap that stupid fucking smirk off of his face.