Chapter 30: A Bond Fire

"It'll be five hours at full speed to the harbor, even with rested horses." Hanjie stated as you guys all ate. Kuchel was sitting in your lap, and you were making sure she wasn't making a mess. "We'll be relying on the Azumabito. According to Miss Kiyomi, there's a flying boat, designed to observe the Rumbling at the port. We can approach the Founding Titan using it."

"I knew it..." Magath said under his breath, but loud enough for you all to hear. "So the Azumabito were helping you behind the scenes..."

"But where is the Founder Titan?" You asked.

"That's the problem, we have to figure out where it is. We'll run out of fuel in no time if we just fly around aimlessly." Hanjie answered.

"That's right. We need to find where the Founder has gone." Magath stated, like he remembered they needed the Founder. "We need a lead." He now looked in a specific direction. "That's why I captured her." He was staring at Yelena.

"Why would I know anything?" Yelena spat. "Even if I did, why should I tell you?" She frowned at the General.

"You're the one who offered Jaeger your knowledge of the mainland when we had none." Magath stated. "There's obviously a path Eren Jaeger has in mind for the Rumbling and I can't help but believe you should be able to make a guess of it."

"Bastard." Yelena said under her breath. "I'm asking why I should even help a Marleyan bastard like you."

"Because they decide whether you live or die." You stated from where you sat and Kuchel looked up at you.

"It's pointless Captain, she wants to die." Jean said, taking a sip of his stew.

"Tell me, are you fine with Marley being trampled?" You asked her.

She kept her silence, and just looked down at the grass.

"Yelena?" Magath asked, wanting her to respond, but she couldn't. "She must not. Because she's a Marleyan bastard just like the rest of us."

The ground shook, and Pieck now laid herself behind Yelena. "After the way you got the better of us in Libero, Yelena... we did a full look into your past. We couldn't believe it." She laid her head right next to Yelena now. "Born into a run-of-the-mill Marleyan family, yet you claimed to be from a small nation annexed by Marley. Ever since you met Zeke." You all now gave your full and undivided attention to Pieck. "Disillusioned with Marley, you came up with a story." Magath looked shocked now. "A miraculous tale of saving the world with a prince. You'd plastered over your own lie until you made it into a part of Human history. I'm impressed by just how deep your desire ran." Pieck finished, and all of your guys' focus was now on Yelena.

"Hm." She smiled to herself. "It almost sounds like you claim to be any different." Yelena turned to pet Pieck. "What exactly do you think separates any of you from me?" She now looked in all of your guys' direction. "Saving the world. Are there any words sweeter and more alluring? Are you guys just going to act like your hatred for one another never existed? Just think back a bit, won't you?" She looked over at Reiner now. "Reiner Braun. I wonder how many Eldians... were eaten by pure Titans after you made that hole in the wall. From there you snuck inside and shared times both good and bad with your so-called comrades here and then..." You looked at Reiner now, who had sweat dripping from the side of his head. "You betrayed them. You killed them. And now you're pretending to be their comrade, once again?"

Reiner couldn't even look up anymore, the guilt clearly showed all over his face.

"Annie Leonhart." Yelena now focused her attention on her. "It seems like you killed a number of Survey Corps members yourself. Oh, and that you trampled countless residents of Stohess district as well." Annie showed no emotion to this. "And yes, all of you from Paradis were quite brave yourselves when fighting against the great Nation of Marley." She looked over at Armin now. "I never thought the sensible one would smash and tear his way through a port like that. You really showed us all just how much strength you snatched from Bertholdt Hoover."