Chapter 37: Time to End the Rumbling

You looked out the other window, down at the boat that Kuchel was on, you were happy to see that it was moving and was headed away from the destruction coming from the Colossal Titans.

Everyone was quiet... it was always quiet where Hanjie wasn't and it's hard to say now that your life... had just gotten a bit quieter.

Armin came back from the pilot room and he looked more determined than ever, taking on his role as Commander now.

"Okay..." He looked up at all of you, and for the first time in the entire ride, you all finally moved from where you all sat. "Let's discuss our plan."

Pieck reached for something behind her and threw it to the ground. It was a book, with a drawing that she had put in it. You all circled around to see what it was and none of you could really make out what it was.

"Pieck, is this what the Founding Titan that you two saw looked like?" Armin asked.

"Yes... Though, I won't like it's not as if I got a good look at it." She shrugged. "Basically it's just a pile of moving bones that walks around like a bug." She gestured to the drawing. "Normally the body controlling it would be in it's nape, as you guys know. But we can't be sure, because think back to the War Hammer."

"So in other words," you now stood, "we don't know where Eren is."

"Even if we don't we can always just blow the whole thing away, just like what you did to out Navy Ports in Liberio and left nothing behind." She looked at Armin now, and he looked guilty. "Your Colossus Titan could do it." She added.

Armin looked down at his feet. "True... that would be the most effective way to do it." He admitted. "But only if all else fails... including attempting to talk to Eren... it's our last resort."

"I'm fine with us having a last resort." Levi chimed in, and everyone now looked at him. "But Eren's controlling the Founding Titan through Zeke, right? Can't we just top the rumbling if we just went and killed Zeke?" He wondered and everyone including yourself realized that... that actually might work.

"You know..." You stood up. "He actually might be right." And Levi gave you a disappointed look that you had such little faith in him.

"I'm not certain... but that's what Hanjie predicted." Pieck now came in. "We don't know Zeke's location either-"

"Then we just have to find that furry bastard inside those bones." Levi cut her off. "I'll stop Zeke. Just... lend me your strength." Everyone seemed thrown off by Levi saying this.

"Captain..." Jean said, sighing. "Of course we had to kill hordes of our allies to get this flying boat in the air... We can't allow that... to be a meaningless slaughter. This is all, in order to stop the rumbling. I'll do anything it takes."

"Jean-"

"I..." Connie cut Reiner off, his face facing the floor. "I shot and killed Samuel and Daz." Comrades of theirs for years now. " I sliced those faces I knew until they were unrecognizable... All while they called me a traitor. They were saying they were saving the world." Connie now looked up. "Hey Reiner... You, Bertholdt, Annie, it must have been awful for you..." You watched Reiners face turn pale and he held his chest.

"My sins... are beyond redemption... I doubt I'll ever forgive myself for what I did. Even if I manage to save what's left of humanity." He walked over to Connie and placed his hand on his shoulder. "So... Let's at least save the rest of humanity..." Everyone's attention was all on Reiner now.

"... Yeah, you're right. Even if we can;t be redeemed... we've still got to do this, I guess." Connie said, looking up at him.

"That's right." Jean now stood up. "We're the same Reiner. Just like you, I became a murderer in order to save others." Both you and Levi now looked down at your feet.