Chapter 36: Hanjie san

"LET'S START FUELING!" A man yelled as you all were making your way to the air boat.

When you looked back, you noticed a dark figure emerge from one of the doorways. It took you all a few seconds to realize what was happening, but you were too late to react as multiple gunshots went off in your guys' direction and on the air boat.

All of you now realizing that it was Floch, Mikasa went ahead and charged at him, launching her grapple hook in his direction, landing right in his neck. You watched as the hook ripped out of the side of him, blood pouring out of his neck now.

You all sprinted in his direction, seeing his lifeless body now bleeding everywhere.

"Did he really cling onto the boat all the way here?" Hanjie asked in disbelief.

"Hanjie!" Onyankopon yelled in a panic. "He shot holes in the fuel tank!!"

SHIT!

You all turned to see the team circle to see how bad the damage was.

"We can't fly like this!" Onyankopon added, and you all went wide eyed not knowing what to do next.

"No..." One man said, stumbling towards him. "We can still manage to fly if we can close them..." He said, reassuring you all. "Set up the weld!" He yelled and all the men now went to work on fixing the air boat. "Anyone free, check the engines!"

You and Hanjie ran towards the man observing the holes in the fuel tank. "How long will it take?!" Hanjie asked.

"Um... if we use tin, then... an hour." Both you and Hanjie turned to each other, worried because you knew you were running out of time.

Your heart stopped however as you all felt the ground shake and you could hear loud rumbling noises from outside.

Pieck ran out to check it out. "No..." She sighed and you all ran out now to look up the mountains.

"It's here..." Hanjie groaned out and you all watched as the only thing you could see was smoke and a bunch of Colossal Titans making their way towards where you were.

"The Rumbling is here!" Reiner yelled. When you looked over your shoulder you could see everyone working on the air boat.

"Quick, check the engines! Hurry!"

You immediately ran over to Levi, who was still outside watching the Rumbling approach. "Are you ready?" You asked him.

"As ready as I can be." He said, and you noticed now that he was watching the ship that Kuchel and the others were on, leaving. "At least she's safe now." He sighed out in relief, and you were relieved as well.

"She's probably so pissed off in there right now." You said, imagining what she's doing right now. If she was anything like what you and Levi were like as kids, then you damn well she's banging on that door right now, shouting to let her out of the room.

As the ground shook again you and Levi both turned to the Rumbling, that... is much closer than you expected they'd be.

Man, they move fast.

"We're not gonna get out of here in time." You said in defeat.

"Some of us may need to stay back and... slow them down." Levi said, and you knew what that meant. You both walked to where now everyone was huddled outside, their eyes all focused on the Titans.

"Armin... is there anything we can do?" You heard Mikasa ask.

"No... This is it." Armin said, his eyes as wide as they can be. "I'll stay behind and slow them-"