Chapter 31: Attack on Harbor

~ NARRATOR POV

"Daddy?" Kuchel walked next to him, and he put an arm out for her so she could sit next to him. "Is mommy going to be okay?"

"Um-"

"Of course she will be." Gabi cut Levi off, still looking down at the Harbor along with Onyankopon and Falco. "It's (Y/n)..." She spat, and Kuchel frowned at the girl.

"Hey." Levi warned his glaring daughter, nudging her a bit.

"Sorry." She said looking at her feet.

"Trust me, if anyone is going to succeed in this mission, it's your mom." Falco smiled at her, but when Kuchel didn't smile back, he turned back around.

Their attention was now focused on the two Titan shifts down on the harbor. Levi made a worried noise, which freaked Kuchel out a bit.

"So... it didn't work?" Onyankopon said, watching the disaster unfold in front of them all. "Why must it come to this?"

"Violence is one thing you can't take from Humanity." Yelena said, and looked over at Kuchel and Levi. "Right, Captain?" He didn't even bother to answer, he just watched worriedly at where his wife was.

He looked up however and tried to grab his daughter, who stormed towards Pieck.

"Kuchel come back here!" Levi ordered, trying to stand up, but his body rebelled against him.

"You have to do something!" Kuchel yelled at the Cart Titan.

"I can't do anything, you little human." Pieck's Titan voice shook the ground. Kuchel only frowned up at the Titan. "Don't look at me like that." She added.

Kuchel immediately turned to the sound of yelling and multiple gunshots going off. Everyone could hear the sound of Armins name being shouted over and over again.

"We can't just stand here!" Kuchel cried out and turned to Onyankopon. "We have to help them." They all flinched at the loud explosions happening down below.

"We're all going to die if we interfere!" Gabi yelled at her. "You don't know anything yet, because you're only just a kid!" Falco pulled on Gabi, a way to get her to shut up.

"So what if I'm a kid! I know the danger the world is in." Gabi and Falco and even Onyankopon's eyes widened, and the two took a few steps closer to the closest adult there. "And I know the danger they're all in right now!"

The two were shaking in their place now as the glowing eyed child approached them.

"KUCHEL!" She immediately turned to her struggling dad, who now grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. "Look at me." He said in an orderly tone and held her face to look him in the eyes, but she was confused as to why he had a panicked look.

He held his daughter in place, examining her a little longer, making sure she was out of her state completely. Her eyes wandered a bit but found her dad's again.

"You got it a lot earlier than we expected you to." He said.

~NORMAL POV

After seeing Armin get shot, you took watch over Reiner and Annie as they shifted. You did everything you could to take care of the Yeagerists they've missed. You spent most of your time helping Annie out, seeing as she was slightly out of practice and there were more circling in on her since she doesn't have the armor Reiner has.

She missed one of the guys that hooked their gear to her and was ready to launch his spear into her, but you quickly made your way to him, slicing his neck open.