Chapter 19 - Little missunderstanding

Everyone gathered around the table as Yoongi served the meal. Namjoon sat between Taehyung and Jungkook, while Yoongi settled next to Jimin. The delicious aroma filled the room as Yoongi announced, "Alright, kids, food is ready. Have a nice meal."

The three little ones—Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook—began eating quickly, their small hands moving fast as they devoured the food. Namjoon raised an eyebrow, noticing how ravenous they seemed.

"Pumpkin, could you all please eat more slowly? I don't want anyone choking," Namjoon gently reminded them, his tone firm but caring.

Namjoon and Yoongi exchanged glances. Yoongi just shrugged and mouthed the words play with them, then continued eating his meal.

"Hyung, we're finished," Taehyung announced suddenly, jumping up from the table. Without waiting for a response, he began to dash away.

"Kim Taehyung! Sit!" Namjoon's voice stopped him in his tracks. Taehyung's shoulders slumped as he returned to his seat. Namjoon looked sternly at the other two. "You two, sit down as well."

All three sat down quietly, their eyes wide with anticipation.

"Tell Hyung why you were rushing to eat. What's going on?" Namjoon asked, his voice calm but firm.

Jimin, with his best puppy-dog eyes, looked up at Namjoon. "Hyung, don't scold Taetae. We just wanted to keep playing."

Namjoon sighed, his stern expression softening. "I know, but the toys won't run away, right? What if something happened while you were eating too fast? Do you think Noona would like that?" he asked, gently reminding them of Isha's concern.

"Sorry, Hyung. We won't do it again," Jungkook mumbled, his small voice filled with regret.

Namjoon sighed again, this time more out of relief. "Alright then, take your plates to the kitchen and wash your hands. After that, you can keep playing, but only for one more hour. Understood?" The three nodded earnestly, doing as they were told.

Yoongi, watching them with an amused smile, shook his head. "Leave the dishes to me, Namjoon. You should rest."

"But Hyung, you did all the hard work today. Let me help with the dishes so you can relax," Namjoon insisted, knowing how exhausting it could be to take care of the kids.

Yoongi chuckled, waving off Namjoon's concern. "I didn't do much today. I just watched them play. I don't know how you or Hoseok handle them, but they were surprisingly good today."

"Really, Hyung? Tae and Kookie behaved too?" Namjoon asked, surprised.

"Yes, Joon. All three of them were well-behaved. Now, go take a bath if you want, and then you can help me set up their beds," Yoongi said with a warm smile.

Namjoon nodded, heading to the bathroom while Yoongi started cleaning up the kitchen.

A little while later, Jimin appeared in the kitchen. "Hyung, can Minnie have some milk before bed? Kookie and Taetae too?" he asked sweetly.

"Of course, bub. I'll pour you some. Go tell Kookie and Taetae to change into their pajamas. Once you're all done, come back here," Yoongi replied. Jimin grinned and ran off to the room, eager to relay the message.

Yoongi prepared three cups of warm milk and decided to bring them to Jimin's room, knowing the kids might end up playing again if left unsupervised. He knocked on the door and called out playfully, "Knock, knock. Anybody here? Your warm milk is here."

"Yeay... Milky!" The three children cheered, their voices filled with excitement.

"Don't run, or you might spill the milk. Sit down, and I'll bring it to you," Yoongi instructed.

The triplets quickly sat down, eagerly waiting as Yoongi handed each of them their milk. "Finish your milk and put the cup in the kitchen when you're done, okay?" Yoongi asked. They nodded, giving him a thumbs-up.

Yoongi chuckled and left the room, placing the tray back on the table. He found Namjoon in the living room, already spreading out the mattresses for the night. They had decided to all sleep together in the living room, making it easier to keep an eye on the kids.

Yoongi settled on the couch, a slight weariness in his eyes. "Hyung, you should rest too," Namjoon suggested.

"Don't worry about me, Joon. I'm fine. I wasn't that busy today," Yoongi replied, though a thoughtful expression crossed his face. "You know, I've been thinking... Noona does an incredible job taking care of Jimin and working at the same time. Knowing Jimin's condition, it can't be easy."

Namjoon nodded, his thoughts echoing Yoongi's. "I've been thinking the same, Hyung. But Noona always hides things. I hope she'll open up more now and let us help her."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of small footsteps. Jungkook ran toward them, his eyes glistening with tears. "Why, Kookie, what happened?" Namjoon asked gently, concerned.

Jungkook sobbed, muttering Jimin's name. Without hesitation, Yoongi stood up and rushed to the bedroom, with Jungkook and Namjoon following close behind.

When they arrived, they found Jimin and Taehyung sitting quietly, looking guilty. Namjoon's voice rose slightly in concern, "Kim Taehyung, what did you do?"

Both Jimin and Taehyung flinched at the tone of Namjoon's voice.

"Namjoon, slow down," Yoongi interjected, pulling Jimin onto his lap and gently stroking his back.

"Hyung, don't yell at Taetae. Kookie didn't mean to. He asked about Isha Noona, and I... I just miss Noona," Jimin said, his voice breaking as he started to cry.

Namjoon's expression softened immediately. He sighed and pulled Taehyung closer, giving him a reassuring hug. "Hyung is sorry, Pumpkin. Please forgive me?" Namjoon asked, his voice tender.

Taehyung nodded, snuggling into Namjoon's embrace. "Yoongi Hyung, I'll put Tae and Kookie to bed. I think it's best if you and Jimin stay here. He must be missing Noona a lot," Namjoon suggested.

"Thank you," Yoongi said softly as he continued to comfort Jimin. Namjoon stood up, leading Taehyung and Jungkook out of the room.

As they settled in the living room, Namjoon's voice took on a soothing tone. "Can you tell me what happened, Kookie? I promise I won't get mad."

"We were playing, and Kookie said that Noona's food is the best. Then Jimin started crying because he misses Isha Noona. I'm sorry, Hyung," Jungkook confessed, his small voice filled with guilt.

Namjoon wrapped his arms around both boys, holding them close. "There's nothing to be sorry about, Kookie. Hyung is the one who should apologize for raising his voice. How about we all go to sleep now, okay?"

Taehyung, his voice trembling slightly, whispered, "Taetae is sorry too."

Namjoon kissed the top of their heads. "It's okay, Pumpkin. Hyung should have listened first. Now, let's get some sleep." He tucked them in, making sure they were comfortable and warm. He gave them their pacifiers to help them relax, holding their hands as they drifted off to sleep.

As he lay there, Namjoon made a mental note to ask Yoongi more about what happened. But for now, he was content to feel the steady rise and fall of the little ones' breaths as they cuddled close, a peaceful end to a long day.