Chapter 52 -Comfort in Familiar Arms

Jungkook had been in a low mood for the past several days. Despite Jimin's earlier assurances that Taehyung liked him, he couldn't shake the uneasiness gnawing at him. Should he confess his feelings first, or wait for Taehyung to bring it up? As he reflected on their past together, a smile crept onto his face.

He remembered when they were younger, and Taehyung had instinctively known something was wrong with him. Taehyung spent the entire week taking care of him, even though he was in his own little space. The memory made Jungkook blush.

The most recent incident, when he injured his hand during an episode, was fresh in his mind. Taehyung had screamed, crying that Jungkook no longer loved him. Recalling those moments made Jungkook blush even more. Taetae really loves me, he thought, laughing softly to himself.

But then, Jungkook pouted. If that outburst was Taehyung's way of confessing, how could he say that he loved him back? Or maybe it was better to wait until they could talk about it when neither of them was regressed.

Hoseok, noticing Jungkook's shifting expressions, frowned. He wasn't sure if asking would be the right thing to do, but his concern won out. He walked over and called Jungkook softly.

"Baby, are you okay? Your face looks red. Are you not feeling well?" Hoseok asked, his voice gentle.

"I'm okay, hyungie..."

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Hoseok said, crouching to meet Jungkook's eyes.

"Yes, hyungie."

"Let's head back home, then," Hoseok suggested, extending his hand to help Jungkook up.

"Hyungie, can we stay at Mummy's house tonight? I miss Mummy," Jungkook asked, his voice carrying a hint of his little space.

Hoseok chuckled, sensing the shift. "Okay, baby. Dada misses Mummy too. Let's go."

Jungkook cheered happily, clapping his hands as he walked with Hoseok to the car. They arrived at Isha's place, where Jimin was taking a shower while Isha was busy in the kitchen, cooking dinner. The air was filled with the delicious aroma of stir-fried spicy chicken with carrots and baby corn, kimchi soup, omelets, and stir-fried long beans with prawns.

Earlier in the evening, Isha had baked chocolate brownies for Jimin and some Danish pastries for tomorrow's breakfast. She planned to take them to Yoongi's café, knowing Jaehyun and Yoona would appreciate the treat.

Isha was almost done with the cooking when the doorbell rang. She quickly wiped her hands and went to answer it, smiling as she saw Jungkook and Hoseok standing at the door.

"Mummy...!" Jungkook cried out, running into her arms.

"Mummy misses you, baby," Isha said, hugging him tightly and kissing the top of his head. She then turned to Hoseok, who was standing there, pouting.

"And how about me?" Hoseok asked, crossing his arms playfully.

Isha chuckled, shaking her head at his antics. "I miss you too, my big baby," she said, wrapping her arms around him for a hug. Jungkook clapped his hands, delighted to see the two of them together.

"Minnie, baby, Kookie's here!" Isha called out from the living room.

Jimin, still half-dressed in his shorts, came running out of the room and tackled Jungkook in a big hug. The two of them laughed and jumped around excitedly, happy to see each other.

"Omo, Minnie! You haven't even finished dressing," Isha said, laughing at Jimin's excitement.

"Let's go, baby. Mummy will help you with your clothes. Kookie, have you taken your shower?" Isha asked.

"We just came back from the studio. Jungkook said he misses you and wants to stay overnight," Hoseok explained, smiling at their playful antics.

Isha shook her head, a fond smile on her lips. "Alright, both of you, go to the room now," she said, turning to Hoseok. "You go take a shower in my room."

Hoseok nodded, heading off as Isha led the boys to Jimin's room.

As they entered, Isha saw Jimin struggling to help Jungkook take off his shirt, the buttons proving to be a challenge with Jungkook's still-healing hand. She couldn't help but laugh softly, feeling proud of Jimin's efforts.

"Let Mummy do it for you, baby," she said, gently unbuttoning Jungkook's shirt and handing him a towel before leading him to the shower. She made sure the water was warm before letting him in.

After helping Jimin get dressed, Isha walked back into the room just as Hoseok, freshly showered, entered.

"I'll take it from here, baby," Hoseok said, nodding to Isha, who smiled and left the room.

"Dinnertime, munchkins!" Isha called from the dining table, where Hoseok was already setting the dishes.

"Waaa... We have so much food tonight. Kookie is so hungry, Mummy," Jungkook said excitedly as they sat down.

Isha chuckled, pleased by his enthusiasm. "Please eat a lot, okay? And after this, it's straight to bed."

Both boys nodded cutely, their eyes slowly drooping as they ate. Isha could see how tired they were, their eyelids growing heavier with each bite.

After dinner, Isha quickly ushered them to wash their hands and brush their teeth. Hoseok offered to clean up the dining table and wash the dishes while Isha helped the boys get ready for bed.

As Hoseok finished up in the kitchen, he smiled to himself, feeling content. He knew that despite the challenges they faced, they were all surrounded by love and care. The night had been peaceful, filled with warmth, and he hoped it would remain that way for all of them.