Chapter 58 - A Morning of Quiet Realizations

The sun had risen, but both homes remained quiet. Everyone was still sleeping soundly, their energy drained from the previous day's events. At Namjoon's house, however, someone was already awake.

Isha blinked her eyes open, greeted by the soft glow of sunlight filtering through the curtains. She glanced to her side and found Namjoon still asleep, his mouth slightly open, a soft snore escaping him. Isha stifled a laugh, amused by the sight of him looking so peaceful and unguarded.

Stretching her arms, she quietly got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. The fridge was almost bare, containing just two eggs, a bit of milk, and a can of baked beans. She sighed, mentally noting the need for a proper grocery run. For now, she decided to make do and whipped up scrambled eggs, warmed the baked beans, and brewed coffee for both of them.

As she stepped into the bathroom for a quick shower, she was surprised when she reemerged to find Namjoon already at the kitchen counter, plating the breakfast she had prepared. His hair was still damp, his face fresh from his own shower.

"Good morning, Noona," Namjoon greeted her with a dimpled smile. "I thought we could have breakfast and then go see Taebaby. I miss him so much."

sha chuckled, amused by his childlike enthusiasm. She sat at the kitchen island and took a sip from the coffee he'd poured for her. They chatted lightly as they ate, their conversation flowing easily. Isha was about to bring up the grocery situation when the doorbell rang.

Namjoon smirked and disappeared for a moment, returning with a large box filled with groceries. Before Isha could even ask, Namjoon grinned sheepishly.

"I know, there was nothing in the kitchen. I ordered these before I fell asleep yesterday. Just the basics," he explained, glancing down. "I'm really sorry for worrying you yesterday, Noona. I promise I'll do better. I'll take care of myself—and Taetae too."

Isha smiled softly, her heart-warming at his thoughtfulness. "I trust you."

"Oh, and I've got good news. Dr. Park messaged me last night—Professor Lee granted me a week's leave. So, I'll get some proper rest."

"That's wonderful, Joonie. You definitely need the break. Spend time with Taehyung, take it easy." Isha smiled warmly.

"I will. But today, I'd like to spend time with you too, all of you" Namjoon added, his smile softening.

With their spirits lifted, they quickly unpacked the groceries. As expected from Namjoon, the items were all healthy and practical—eggs, noodles, and ready-made meals.

"We're done here. Let's go," Namjoon said, flashing another dimpled grin.

After a short drive, they arrived at Isha's house. It was still dark inside, the curtains drawn, the house filled with a deep, peaceful quiet. Namjoon nudged Isha and pointed to the living room, where the rest of the household was fast asleep.

They tiptoed in, trying to suppress their laughter at the scene before them. Hoseok was sprawled half on the floor, half on the mattress, sleeping like a starfish. Jungkook, clad only in his boxers, had his pajamas scattered around him, and was chewing on Taehyung's pajamas in his sleep.

Taehyung, meanwhile, was clutching Jungkook like a teddy bear, his eyes half-open. Jimin, as usual, had his fists clenched in his sleep, and Yoongi lay curled up in a ball, his thumb in Jimin's mouth, facing Jimin.

Namjoon couldn't resist taking out his phone and snapping a few pictures, chuckling softly. Isha shook her head in amusement and sat down beside Hoseok, gently brushing his forehead. As predicted, Hoseok stirred and squirmed, waking up slowly.

"Hi baby, I didn't know you were here already. I missed you," Hoseok mumbled, snuggling his head into Isha's lap. Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise. Isha smiled awkwardly, swallowing hard.

Namjoon leaned over, his voice soft but teasing. "Good morning, Hobi," he whispered with a mischievous smile, giving Hoseok a little wave.

Hoseok froze. His eyes snapped open and he saw Namjoon standing there, looking thoroughly amused. His face turned crimson as Namjoon mouthed, "We'll talk about this later," followed by a wink. Hoseok quickly scrambled off Isha's lap, sitting up with an apologetic look on his face.

sha giggled softly. "Why don't you go take a shower and help me with breakfast?" she suggested, easing the awkward moment.

Hoseok nodded and quickly retreated to the guest room, leaving Isha to prepare coffee and milk while boiling water for the kids' breakfast. Namjoon lingered in the living room for a bit longer, quietly observing the rest of the group, snapping a few more candid photos. But the weight of the past few days was still heavy on his shoulders, and it showed in the way he sighed as he entered the kitchen.

A sorrowful expression clouded his face as he drank some water. "I've missed so much," he muttered, his voice heavy.

Isha paused her chopping and turned to face him. "What do you mean?"

Namjoon sighed. "Kookie and Taetae... they're together now. I missed it all."

Isha approached him, her eyes full of empathy. "It's not your fault, Namjoon. You've had a lot on your plate. We all miss things sometimes. But we'll make it better, together."

Namjoon nodded, managing a small smile. As they continued preparing breakfast, Namjoon accidentally knocked over the water bottle, spilling it across the counter. Isha shook her head, laughing softly as she handed him a towel.

The smell of coffee and the sounds of chopping finally woke Yoongi. He blinked groggily at the scene in the living room, smiling as he saw Jimin curled up beside him. After kissing Jimin's forehead, he glanced at Jungkook and Taehyung, who were tangled awkwardly on the mattress. He chuckled quietly and made his way to the kitchen.

"Hobi-ah, what are you making?" he asked, still half-asleep.

Isha turned with a grin. "I'm making rice, seaweed soup, egg rolls, beef with black pepper, and pancakes for the munchkins."

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Noona!" he exclaimed, seeing Namjoon in the kitchen.

"Morning, Hyungie," Namjoon greeted, his dimpled smile shining as Yoongi teared up and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean to worry everyone."

"How are you feeling now?" Yoongi asked, examining him carefully.

"I'm better, Hyung. Really."

Yoongi gently touched Namjoon's face. "You know I'm always here for you, right? For all of you."

"I know. I'm sorry, Hyung."

With a nod, Yoongi excused himself to shower. Hoseok reappeared, and Jungkook, now awake, reached for his hand. "Shower time, cupcakes," Hoseok said with a smile, leading him to the guest room.

Meanwhile, Hoseok returned to the living room just as Jungkook woke up. He offered his hand to Jungkook, who smiled sleepily.

Jimin, still playing with his plushie, hadn't noticed Isha's presence yet. When he finally woke up, he rushed to his room, brushing past Yoongi, who laughed.

"Why the hurry, baby?" Yoongi teased.

"Gotta pee, Dada!" Jimin shouted over his shoulder.

Yoongi chuckled. "Let's get you in the shower after, okay?"