No Air Conditioning In The Classroom

It was a sweltering day in Racine, Wisconsin, with temperatures soaring into the mid 90s. The heat index made it feel like 100. The entire state, and the rest of the Midwest, was under an Excessive Heat Warning. Outside activity was limited, and drinking plenty of water was a must.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Jessica was in school, with no air conditioning in the classroom. She was in English class, and could barely get any work done, due to the heat. Sweat was making her face all wet, and her clothes got all sweaty too.

The fan was on in the classroom, but did little good to cool anyone off. Jessica was this close to fainting. She needed some relief, and on top of that, she didn't drink much in the way of water. She was almost dehydrated.

If there was a silver lining, a cold front would be coming towards Wisconsin, tomorrow afternoon, with thunderstorms, that would break the heat. Jessica was looking forward to the heat going away. But, she would have to grin and bear it, for another day.

This story was written on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021.

A/N Oof! In extreme heat, limit your time outdoors, and drink plenty of water to keep cool! Staying in a hot classroom wouldn't sit well with me! The air conditioning unit must be broken! 🙄 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.