Emma Sneaking Out

Thomas St

Middletown, Connecticut

Emma: *sneaks out of the apartment late at night*

Crystal: *outside* Ready?

Emma: Yes! Let's go walking towards Downtown! Let's try to make it back by 3 am.

Crystal: Okay. I live on Sunset Terrace, so not far away from you.

Emma: *walks left onto Butternut St*

Crystal: *walks left onto Butternut St* We'll get to Washington St from here, then head straight towards Main St.

Emma: Okay. *walking*

Ken: Emma? Emma? Where did she go?

Steven: What happened?

Ken: Emma snuck out!! Oh, that does it! *puts on some clothes* I'm gonna find Emma, and bring her back!

Steven: Emma is so hardheaded!

Ken: Agreed! Be right back, bro! *gets his car keys and leaves to get in his car*

Steven: Emma just keeps making the wrong choices. Not just in school, but here at home.

Ken: *drives left onto Butternut St, and drives the same way that Emma and Crystal took* I am gonna wring her neck!

Emma: *shakes* Oof!

Crystal: What's wrong, Emma?

Emma: I can't shake the feeling, that we're being followed.

Crystal: Don't be silly, Emma! Hardly anyone is out at this hour! We have the whole night to ourselves! *walking on Washington St, past St. Sebastian's Church*

Emma: Yeah, you're right! I'm just being paranoid! *walking closer to Main St*

Ken: *driving on Washington St, towards Main St* Is that her?

Emma: *doesn't notice that Ken is approaching* A car is coming. Probably out for a late night stroll on the town!

Crystal: Yup! *realizes something* Wait, he's stopping towards us! Maybe, he wants directions?

Emma: Probably. If he acts weird, let's keep on walking. Walking through Downtown at this hour isn't really that safe.

Ken: *honks the horn* EMMA DIAZ!!! YOU GET YOUR KEISTER IN THIS CAR RIGHT NOW!!!

Crystal: Busted! Maybe, this wasn't such a good idea, after all!

Emma: *shaky and gets in the front with Ken* H hi, Ken!

Ken: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!!! WHO IS THAT GIRL WITH YOU?!

Emma: She's my friend from school. Her name is Crystal.

Ken: Where do you live, Crystal?

Crystal: Sunset Terrace.

Ken: I know where that is. It's not too far from Thomas St, where we live. Get in the car! I'm driving you home, before your parents wake up! Get in!

Crystal: *gets in the back, closes the car door, and buckles up* I hope my parents don't wake up, and find out I'm not in my room.

Ken: You girls ought to be ashamed of yourselves! *driving onto Main St* You know you girls can mugged, right? It's not safe to be walking out here at this hour! *turns left onto Grand St*

Crystal: We just wanted to hang out, sir.

Ken: *driving on Grand St, past Connecticut Cleaners* You can hang out at school, but it's past 1 am, and you girls have school in the morning! I'm so angry right now! *turns left onto Prospect St* Crystal, you better hope, your parents are still asleep! They'll be worried sick, if they find out you're not home! *turns left onto Newfield St*

Crystal: I hope so, too. I'm so stupid.

Ken: Agreed. Next time, don't be such a knucklehead! *turns right onto Washington St, and then left onto Butternut St* Show me which house you live in, Crystal.

Crystal: Okay.

Ken: *turns left onto Sunset Terrace* Which house is it?

Crystal: That one. *points*

Ken: *stops at her house* Okay. Go on, get out.

Crystal: *sees that the lights are still off in her house* Phew, my parents are still asleep! I'm gonna go inside, change back into my nightclothes, and fall asleep, like nothing happened! Thanks for the ride, sir!

Ken: Yeah, yeah! Just get in your house! Move it!

Crystal: Bye, Emma, see you in school!

Emma: Bye, Crystal, see you in school!

Crystal: *walks to her front door, unlocks it, using her key, walks in, and closes the door*

Ken: *growls and gives Emma a death stare*

Emma: Gulp!

Ken: *turns left onto Butternut St, and turns right onto Thomas St, back home* Get out of the car, Emma.

Emma: *gets out of the car and walks inside*

Ken: *hisses* Don't you ever ever do that again! You hear me?

Emma: Yes, sir. Are you mad at me?

Ken: What do you think, stupid?

Emma: I'm sorry.

Ken: Shut up, and change back into your nightclothes, and get back to bed, before I lose my temper! Good night! *storms into his room, and slams the door*

Emma: *changes back into her nightclothes, and climbs back in bed, feeling ashamed for what she did* I'm such an idiot.

This story was written on Thursday, June 3rd, 2021.

A/N Emma, you really did it this time!!!! What were you thinking?! Count yourself lucky that SkittishReflections or Magical_Taylor isn't here to suck you into the pen! You have to get up in 5 hours to get ready for school! 🙄 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.