Her Missing Glasses

Rebecca was trying to find her glasses. She misplaced them, and her vision was all blurry. She could hardly see without them. She was farsighted. She needed to act fast. Her mother was waiting in the car, so they would go to the beach. All Rebecca could do, was squint, and search for her glasses.

"What if someone stole them?" she gasped, panic in her voice. "I'm blind as a bat!"

Rebecca searched everywhere all through her house. Her glasses were nowhere to be found. She threw in the towel, and just left the house, closing the door, and locking it with her key. Her mother grew impatient, by honking the horn.

"Took you long enough!" snapped her mother. "What in the world were you doing?"

"Trying to find my glasses!" protested Rebecca.

"I have them right here!" said her mother. "I found these on the washing machine, and you must have left them on it."

"Thanks, Mom!" beamed Rebecca. She put on her glasses, and she could see clearly.

"You're welcome, sweetie!" her mother said, smiling. "Let's have some fun on the beach!"

"Yay, our mother daughter day!" exclaimed Rebecca. And so, her mother drove themselves to the beach in her red 1990 Buick Regal.

This story was written on Sunday, June 20th, 2021. (Father's Day)

A/N Rebecca's glasses were on the washing machine, the whole time! Oof! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.