Chapter 1; Blood Kisses

[Zephyr POV]

I push the leaves aside and feel the currents of air dance all over my face. The undergrowth is dense here.

Light shines into my eyes. My hand is clasping around a branch and I feel the muscles in my body tense up, the wood sting my hands through my gloves.

My heart is beating in my throat and I bite hard on my bottom lip, I feel sick of nervousness. The room I hate is in front of me. The window is open and the curtains try to find their way out. Soft blue-ish light shines through the fabric.

I can feel my knife methophorically burn holes in my jacket pocket. 'I have to, I have to, I have to', the sentence is stuck in my head, driving me crazy. Pushing my free hand against my head, I close my eyes in a moment of severe headache.

Without further doubts I step out from my hiding place, soft footsteps sounding against the walls of the illuminated house.

The leaves seem to tremble with my arrival, the stones seem to want to sneak away. I feel all the freedom around me and the new energy flowing through me. No cameras are around and I don't see anyone either.

I push my dark hair out of my eyes, ignoring the drop of sweat that finds its way down my forehead. Slowly I look up, staring at the window. The faded shadow behind the curtains makes me wince, giving me memories I've always wanted to forget.

I take a deep breath and feel the adrenaline rush activate all my senses. Clamping my hand around my knife, I push the curtain to the side with a rattling sound.

The wind blows through my hair when my eyes land on the target in front of me.

2 years ago (Flashback)

'Not him again,' laughs Zane. He looks down on me in disdain. I want to kick him in the face, but I know I can't. I have no choice. They're fucking blackmailing me.

My throat seems to be closed and I can feel the sweat on my hands. Axel pushes me against the with graffiti sprayed wall.

Zane sneaks his hands around my neck and I feel his fingers claw my throat. He smiles. 'You're going to do something for us.' He pronounces the sentence as if I am a piece of trash, letting me know I am nothing compared to him.

I swallow and gasp for breath, my heart is almost pounding out of my chest. Zanes nails cut into my skin. I try to nod my head. Fortunately he sees it and lets go of my throat. He knocks me to the merciless, with stones paved ground.

Panting, I try to breathe in as much oxygen as possible. 'Look at me fucking faggot!' he screams in my ear when I try to not look at him because of the hate and disgust I would see in his eyes. I bite my teeth and hear a painful sound in my ear when I look into his eyes.

Anger runs through my veins. I clench my fists and try to fight with my hands but he stops me. He pulls me up by my hair and hits my head against the cold, hard stones. Tears of pain flow from my eyes. Blood streams from my face and mixes with dirt on the ground.

When I open my eyes again, he says: 'Look at you...lying on the ground', his laugh echoes between the walls,' there shouldn't be people like you on this planet, you're weak fucking girl.'

The words hurt. More than the kick in my stomach he gave me afterwards. 'You should just fucking die!' And he kicks me again, and again. Tears of mental and physical pain are streaming down my face. 'You should kill yourself.'