Chapter 40 [Part 1]; Sound Of The Death

It's on the news the next day.

"STAFF FINDS DEAD BODY IN THE MCDONALD'S"

I don't even feel the need to find out how the investigation is going. My murders have been on the news earlier, but they never caught me. There's no mentions of a serial killer too.

Only one name is left on my list. The one person that I want to kill the most, that I hate the most... and that I fear the most.

Aidan didn't talk to me today. I tried to call Eden, but he's not picking up.

There's more to this, and I want the answers. I decide to go to Eden. I don't want to lose them. I can't lose them. They're the only thing I have.

When I first look in Aidan's room to see if he's there so I can ask him to come with me, he's nowhere to be seen. I look into the bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, he probably isn't home. He was home like an hour ago, where did he go?

I feel the weird feeling I felt at Dorothea's house again. The painful feeling of missing someone when it's your own fault. The only, difference is that I then thought it was because of my own fault and now it is because of my own fault. And thats hurts even more.

What was I supposed to do, let Jace go? I couldn't just do that. He talked shit about our relationship, he bullied me, he killed my sister, he did everything he wasn't supposed to do. So he needed to die.

Except my boyfriends shouldn't have seen it. I walk outside the house and close it, making sure I have a key on me.

I just want to make it up with them. The feeling of them on my side just feels so warm and full of love. But what if I never get them back? If they'll be always afraid of me?

That feeling makes me mad. It's all Zane's fault. Zane, Zane, Zane, Zane...

I wish I'd have his head in my hands, chopped off his body. That's what I want to see, to feel. For what he has done to me, my sister and Eden.

When I bang on Eden's door because he doesn't answer the doorbell, I begin to get a bit scared. Scared of the fact that he is not opening the door, scared of the fact that Aidan isn't home either. Where are they? Is everyone vanishing around me again?

When I want to give up, the door finally opens just a tiny bit. And a head with blue hairs looks terrified through the opening.

I step forward and push the door open. Sweat on Eden's forehead tells me how tense he is. Then suddenly I realise that a gun is pointing to his head.

I stand still, frozen. The hand holding the gun, has an arm and then a shoulder, a neck and finally a face. A face that I know too well.

Zane.

The ice cold eyes stare through me. His lips pressed together. There's no smile on them, no sign of looking down on me. I can't read him.

I step inside and close the door immediately. Zane holds Eden closely to his chest. He just stares at me, like I'm some kind of ghost.

'Walk to the living room.' His voice sounds emotionless. I do like he says. He is no joke, he'll shoot Eden whenever he wants. He doesn't care about lives, only about his own.

Shocked I witness what is going on in the living room. Aidan is tied up and sitting on the couch. The couch where we made out has been changed into a couch where we are all going to die. Together.

He has got all of us in his hands. 'Sit down.' He points towards the couch. He puts Eden on the other side of Aidan and starts to talk: 'I'm not letting any of you go. I will kill all of you, but let me say some things first.'