Chapter 39; Smell Of Blood

Tears fall down from his eyes again. Eden is sitting in between us on the purple couch.

I wipe some tears away and listen carefully to his words. Zephyr's arm rests over the shoulders of Eden, embracing him.

His voice sounds quiet and soft. He tells us how he's been working as a stripper at a stripclub. How he ended up not being able to pay for his own apartment and came up with this job, the addiction to money came and he's been doing it for quite some time now.

I get that.

But people love him too much. He's getting followed and harasssed. They went to far by beating him up if he wouldn't listen. They raped him... it just makes me so mad to hear what they've done to my boy.

When I look at Zephyr, I see something is off. He stares intensely at something far away from him and looks like he is thinking deeply. He's frowning and seems tense, as if he's holding back from doing something really fucked up.

I'm tired and I honestly want to sleep. Depression is staring me in the eyes at these hours of the day, when I'm tired and need sleep. But I can't go now, not now Eden is breaking down in between us.

'It's okay', I wisper in his ear, while putting his head on my chest. Zephyr just seems to be frozen, sitting there, drowned in thoughts. What's going on with him?

'...I'm sorry... I didn't want to bother you both with this story...' Eden says,' but I don't know what else to do.'

'Don't be sorry.' My hand goes softly through his hair, trying to calm him down. Zephyr suddenly looks up and I see the darkness of his eyes when he says: 'Can you tell me who they are exactly? Do you have names?'

'I don't have names... I'm sorry. The only thing I know of them is how they look and I've told you that already.'

Zephyr sighs and wispers something almost unaudible: 'I... kill them.'

He wants to kill them? I totally get that, count me the fuck in.

'Can you guys stay, please?' Eden asks softly.

'We can't sta-', Zephyr begins.

'Yes', I interrupt him.

'Alright then', Zephyr sighs lightly. He turns his head towards us and kisses Eden's cheek softly. The gesture is just so sweet when it's coming from him.

Suddenly Eden gets a call. 'Jace' the screen says. He immediately gets up and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Zephyr looks at the door he just vanished through.

'They should keep their fucking hands off him', Zephyr wispers mad.

'Yes... ', I agree, 'but are you okay?'

'Are you? After hearing this shit?!' He immediately replies.

'I get it, Zephyr, but calm down a little.' I put my arm on his thigh. He breathes in deeply and closes his eyes.

He doesn't seem tired at all. How? He just fucked me until I collapsed.

Eden comes back into the living room and says; 'My friend is going to the McDonald's... are y'all coming?' He looks at Zephyr trying to get an answer.

'Yeah', he then answers. I'm honestly hungry, so I'll have to go with them.

'What time is it?' I ask.

'It's 2 AM, we can sleep after... don't worry, Aidan', Eden tells me, smiling sweetly.

'I will drive, are you able to walk the whole time, Eden?' Zephyr asks.