Chapter 30; Dancing Alone

[Aidan POV]

We arrived home. I drove the rest of the way home because Zephyr was totally exhausted. He fell asleep, he honestly didn't look so innocent like most people do when they are asleep. He just sat straight up in his chair, like a stone statue, it just seemed like all his senses where focused on eveything around him, except his eyes. It was kind of scary.

I take out the keys of the car and put my hand on his arm to wake him up. He immediately opens his eyes and his hand moves to his jeans pocket in half a second.

The sigh of relief afterwards makes me think, what would he have expected?

'We're home, you can get out', I say softly. I step out of the car when I finish the sentence and so does he, with a lot of cursing. We take our bags and enter the house with Zephyrs keys.

'Finally we're home again', Zephyr speaks up,' that house was a hell.'

I nod, swallowing slowly while looking in another direction than his eyes, a shiver traveling over my back.

'I'm going to sleep.' My voice cracks halfway the sentence. I quickly take my stuff and walk to the first floor, where my room is.

Exhausted from all these days that took all my energy, I take a shower, brush my teeth and collapse on the bed.

[Zephyr POV]

My ass fucking hurts, but damn that was hot. Wish I could rewind time. He's the most beautiful and sexy person on earth.

I look for something to drink in the fridge. There's beer, I don't like it that much but it's okay. Releasing the metal cap from the glass bottle and sit down on the couch.

Aidan changed, I still don't know what happened down there and why. What I also don't know is where my mom is going with aunt Dorothea. I have some guesses.

Suddenly I get an idea. What if I go tonight? My mom isn't home, Aidan is sleeping... and I have no idea where his dad is, or is it his stepdad, I don't know. Maybe he also went to assist my mom.

I need more alcohol to keep myself awake, but not too much. After 4 bottles I leave the mess I made behind and close the back door behind me.

Knife stuffed inside my jeans, pills against my headache swallowed and I drank some water. The safest option is a bicycle.

-

I know where this teacher lives, I have walked past his house multiple times after school, because I wanted to remember where he lived.

Now that I really need it because I don't have a phone, I thank my past self for being so smart.

His house is small, and there's only one floor. Would he live alone? That'd be very convenient.

Adrenaline rushes through my veins. Thoughts influenced by alcohol flash through my head.

I want to lick blood off Aidan's body.

He could carve into me that I'm his.

I'd kill someone for Aidan's eyes if he thinks it's hot.

This isn't going in the right direction. I stand for the teachers house and try to think about other things to get myself less excited.

I inspect the house. Two rooms are lit up. My breathing increases when I see him behind one of the windows, watching TV. When I look through the other window I see a woman sleeping in bed, probably his wife.

But she's sleeping, so that's good. On the other side of this road, large fields extend to over the horizon. The only thing I have to worry about is the neighbours, but everything seems quiet, and their houses aren't close to this one at all, with trees in between them.