Chapter 33; Dead Survivor

I've waited at his apartment for a half hour now and he still didn't show up. He doesn't reply to my messages either.

Maybe he just needed to work a bit longer.

Another ten minutes go by.

Maybe he is just messing with me.

Someone is slowly walking towards me from far away. Could that be him? No, he doesn't walk like that.

When I keep looking at the person approaching me, I suddenly realise that it is him, against my expectation.

I start to run towards him. Slightly panting I stand next to him and put my arm around his back.

'Hey', his soft voice sounds. He sounds so sad and scared, it makes me feel heartbroken.

'What happened?' I ask, desperate for answers.

A cut is visible under his left eye and his arms bear some bruises. On the right side at his waist, his shirt is stained with a red substance, which I think is blood.

'I... I fell down from the stairs, and was unconscious after, that's why I'm so late.' Tears blink in his eyes.

This bullshit doesn't sound believable at all. 'Are you lying?'

'No, I'm not', he bites on his lip, a bit angry,' open the fucking door.' He gives me a key and points to the door.

I just do what he ask, while supporting his back. Stumbling he moves inside. His blue eyes just look so sad.

'Tell me who did this, Eden.' I'm going to fucking murder them.

'I said, it was an accident, stop asking', he replies, looking defeated and tired of me.

'Alright', I say bitterly.

'I'm going to take a shower, can you just wait a few minutes?' He says while slowly moving towards a door, which is apparently the bathroom I notice when I look inside.

'Yeah, I can help you if you want', I smile.

'Oh hell no, bye!' He slams the bathroom door into my face.

He's so adorable. If he doesn't want to talk about what happened, okay... I don't want him to get annoyed by me.

Now my eyes aren't focused on him, I look around. My breath stops by seeing his apartment. I've never seen such a beautiful apartment.

The lights that are on, shine on artworks, and he seems to have a huge collection of them. It makes me think about Dorothea's basement, but there's so much more to this... Not the scary feeling, but this is pure beauty.

A light purple sofa with purple lightning shining from under it stands in the middle of the room, and at the opposite of it stands a glass showcase. I walk towards it to see what's in it.

At the left side a butterfly is exhibited, it's a very beautiful figurine, made of colored glass. Next to it, made of the same material, a spider is visible, then a bee follows, which seems to have some golden details. And as last animal a blue beetle.

The lights in the glass showcase make them glow up, every insect has their own light.

Fresh flowers stand on the purple glass table. Dark roses, I can't really see which color, it could be red or blue or something else, I have no idea. Purple light shines from the bottom of the table up through the glass, making the the material light up around the vase.

On the left side and the right side of the room, the corners are lit up, from the top to the bottom. Between a mix of broken glass, pearls and mirrors shards, a lightstrip is visible. This room is absolutely beautiful.