Part 4: The End of Atlas

Hi everyone! It's good to be back! Even though this is the last chapter for this part haha. I ended up not rewatching the episode, so a lot of it was original plot from me. I hope that's okay with you guys.

I got back into Warframe now since my friends are playing it again, so if you're on PC, feel free to send me a friend request. My IGN is TheDefiantDM. 

The same rules apply to when we were waiting for V8 for the wait for V9. I won't be updating until at least 4-5 episodes are out for the new season, so I hope you guys can stay patient!

Until then, friends, I'll see you guys next time!

Enjoy!

DrySkeleton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is that everyone?" Trinity shouted. No responses. "Banshee, scan Mantle for stragglers. If there are none, we're out of here."

With no delay, Skye replied, "No need. The city is empty. All that's left now is Winter and Ironwood in Atlas, but they should be joining us soon. If Ironwood does make it out alive, I'm ready to give him a piece of my mind."

"Good, in that case, we're continuing without Oberon. He'll be waiting in Vacuo. Cy, launch archwings to our positions."

"Affirmative. Launching archwings."

The sky rumbled as Atlas continued to fall, ready to crush Mantle within a few minutes. The Tenno couldn't do much else now. They would have to wait for Winter to finish things in the vault. Trinity crossed her fingers, "Let's hope you can win."

Her archwing arrived, and she flew back to her remaining comrades on the Wanderer.

An explosion rang through the portal dimension, and everyone turned to see Cinder grinning maliciously. At her feet was Penny, now completely human. The crowds of people surged towards the massive exit gate, trying as hard as they could to exit the death zone. Team JNR, who were guiding the groups of people to the gate, were suddenly pushed around, knocked back and forth by the wave of panicked civilians.

Cinder stepped toward the formerly cybernetic girl, her arms raised, carrying a glass blade. They shot downward, directed straight towards Penny's body. The protector of Mantle closed her eyes in fear, ready to feel the burning sensation that accompanied the blade of the red hot weapon, but it never came.

A green blast of light shot towards the Fall Maiden, burning away at her dress. While her Maiden powers did protect her somewhat, she still felt the intense pain of peeling skin and the discomfort of itchy flesh. "What the hell?" Cinder exclaimed, she looked up to see a horned Tenno holding an arm outstretched. "What did you do to me?!" she yelled, "I should be resistant to fire!"

"It's radiation. Resistance to fire can only do so much against attacks on the cellular level," Oberon replied. "Look, I'm not here to start a fight. I won't attack you if you leave everyone here alone. But if you attack at all, I won't hesitate to rip you apart."

To be honest, Oberon was still shaking in his shoes. His determination didn't do much to help quench the queasy feeling in his stomach when it came to confrontation. During his first Kuva Lich hunt, whenever his Lich appeared, his squadmates would look at him in concern, since he would always run away from the immortal Grineer, rather than try to execute them with Requiem. At this moment, he hoped he sounded confident enough to tell her off.

The look in her eyes said otherwise. A blast of fire erupted from her hand, and completely engulfed him. The intense heat was comparable to that of Ember's abilities, or a low level Wisp. It felt as though it was melting him, even though he knew that it was impossible. He screamed in defiance through the flames, and without realizing it, cast his Hallowed Ground and Renewal.