Part 4: Captured Again

We're about to hit 10k reads! I never held this story to the point where I thought it would be so well known and widely read. Thank you all!

This chapter might seem a little all over the place, and that's because it kind of was. There's a lot happening in RWBY, and it's really hard to keep track of who's doing what. For some context, this happens before Oscar is captured.

I need to rewatch some of the earlier V8 episodes lol. I can't remember much that would make for an interesting story.

Enjoy!

DrySkeleton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nidus wasn't really sure what he was doing. The Blades had told him to keep tabs on Atlas, but what was that supposed to mean? General Ironwood hadn't launched Atlas yet. And even then, what was he supposed to keep tabs on? Ironwood? The city? All of that made his brain hurt. What he needed was to spread the Infestation. No that wasn't right. What he needed to do was go back to the surface and find a way to help the other Tenno.

"Ah, what am I thinking?" he said quietly to himself. He was newly awakened. He barely knew how to use his abilities. Chances were, he'd only get in the way of the Blades. And so, he came to a decision. He sat and meditated, waiting for an opportunity to come.

He only sat for five minutes before he got bored and decided to go outside. He grabbed the Caustacyst that Trinity had given him and headed out. It took him almost a full half hour to find an exit, but he finally did, and exposed himself to the warm artificial climate of Atlas.

Only to feel a heavy blow to the back of the head. He crumpled to his knees, unconscious.

From the distance, Oberon spotted something, a boney white and red figure carrying a more humanoid silhouette. Though it was quiet, chiming noises reached his ears.

"Oh no..." he said. Trinity turned to him.

"What is it?"

The green Blade silently pointed to the distance, where a Conculyst carried Nidus towards the Grimm horde on the borders of Atlas. Their young comrade hung limply from the Sentient's thin arms.

All four of them sped towards it as fast as possible. The creature turned when it heard the sound of archwings approaching it, before turning towards the whale Grimm and speeding away, just as fast as any archwing. Saryn grabbed her archgun and began blasting away, but Rhino called her off, "If you hit Nidus and the Infested take over again, we won't be able to stop him!" The purple Blade just scoffed before lowering her archgun.

Rhino blinked over and pulled out his melee weapon, trying to slash the Sentient or at least disorient it. All that achieved was making it pull further away as each attack slowed him down.

In a desperate gamble that probably wasn't really worth it, Trinity suddenly sped up, before exiting Transference and positioning herself on the archwing. Her Warframe wobbled dangerously. She took a deep breath and leapt off of it, before Void dashing as much as she could, trying to close the distance.

To her bad luck, she was right on top of the Sentient, but as she fell towards it, it maneuvered out of her reach and continued speeding towards the perimeter of the city. The ground sped towards her, but she didn't flinch. Instead, she growled in frustration, and her Warframe materialized around her. The archwing zoomed towards her and latched onto her waist before climbing and joining her comrades once more.