Part 2: RNJR

Alright here we are with the new chapter! Sorry for the big delays. I had a lot of schoolwork to do and couldn't find the time to work on this story, but here we are! And also, thank you guys for 2k reads! I never imagined this would grow so quickly.

Now, enjoy this chapter!

DrySkeleton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Make this one a double."

Qrow turned and looked at the serving girl, who stood, stunned. The poor girl started to shake. Skye walked next to her, "Hey, let me help you down, okay?" And proceeded to lead the girl down the stairs. What was that? She thought to herself.

The serving girl was shaking with fear, and her footsteps wobbled as Skye tried to hold her upright. The Tenno tapped the bar, and a bartender approached. "Let her sit down or something. She's had a shock."

When she returned to Qrow, he was staring off into space where the strange portal had closed. Skye took a seat, "Who was that?"

"Raven. My sister. She had a few things to say about the family. I had... different thoughts," he didn't say more.

"Is she going to be a problem in the future?"

"Maybe, maybe not. You never know with Raven. Sometimes she just shows up. Who knows, maybe some of the kids will run into her," he stared down at the table, unwilling to say more. Skye didn't push him. If he didn't want to talk, she wouldn't make him.

The two sat in silence for a while. Skye twirled her dagger around her hands, staring at the wall. Qrow sat, his hand holding up his head, watching her. After a few more minutes, he got up, and she followed. "I didn't get a second glass..." Qrow mumbled.

The sky was dark with clouds now. The faraway hum of the Orbiter flying over the two warriors could have been passed off as background noise or something. Whatever it was, it wouldn't be noticed by anyone. Ordis had reported signals of four individuals a few miles ahead of them. No doubt it was team RNJR/JNRR.

Qrow studied the tall Banshee beside him. The large scarf fluttered around with the wind. At her side was the familiar katana that he always saw her wearing. He remembered the first time they met, when he and Winter were duking it out on the Beacon campus. He recalled the incredible cold that it emitted. The air around the blade sublimated, the frost on the sword instantly melting into vapor. No doubt that sword somehow could produce temperatures so cold that it would freeze someone in an instant.

"How does it work?" Qrow asked.

"Hm?" Skye responded.

"The sword. It's so goddamn cold that the air instantly freezes when it touches the blade and vaporizes against the atmosphere."

"Ah. A combination of technology and... magic in a sense. We modify our weapons to create four kinds of basic elements. Heat, which lights the blade on fire, electric, which charges the blade with lightning, cold, which freezes the blade, and toxin, which generates an invisible venom on the blade. You remember the acid on my hammer?" Qrow nodded. "When you combine two elements, it creates a new form of damage. Heat and cold create steam explosions, electricity and cold creates magnetism, toxin and electricity create an acid, etc. To be honest, I don't know the mechanics of it, only the results."

Qrow grunted. He'd only been trying to break the silence. Normally, when he was surrounded by students, their energy and talkative personalities would leave him some sense of camaraderie. With Skye, she said nothing but what was necessary.