Part 6

Later That Day

The three men exited the plane and started walking toward the three awaiting SUVs to take them to their separate houses. Paul grabbed his suitcase out of the trunk and started walking toward his car, thankful that he would have some time away from his loud mouth, best friend. He still felt that he would need Doc's help to get the information the singer needed to get another night with you. You had given Paul a challenge, and he was never one to back down from an opportunity to prove someone wrong.

"So what's the plan for the night, Paul? You want to come and hang out at the house with the family," Gene asked.

"As much as I appreciate the offer, I want to be as far away from you for the next couple of days. My head hurts from the lack of oxygen that you've sucked up." Paul laughed.

"Wow, way to hurt my feeling, Paul," the bassist replied, holding his hand to his heart.

"I appreciate the offer, but I need time to recover from the last month and to prepare for Evan coming home." The singer replied, putting his hand on his friend's shoulder.

The two of them headed toward the waiting vehicles where their manager was standing talking to one driver. Gene waved goodbye to the singer and jumped into the first car on the runway. Paul waited for Doc to finish his conversation with the other man, seeing this as his only opportunity to ask for his manager's help now that the bassist had already headed toward his house. The older man looked up, seeing the singer staring at him, and made his way over.

"Are you ready to go? The driver was asking if you were going to Pam's first or straight to your place." Doc asked.

"Uh, my house, I don't have Evan until the end of the week, but I need your help with something, and this stays between you and me, okay?" Paul said

The singer looked up at the driver and grabbed the older man's arm, pulling him away from the cars and out of earshot of anyone else. Paul ran his hand through his black hair and down his face, taking a deep breath, trying to think of the best way to ask for what he needed without getting his balls busted.

"What do you need me to hide, a body? Why are you so secretive about whatever this is?" The man countered.

"Can you keep your mouth shut about this, especially around Gene, or do I have to do this on my own?" Paul asked sternly.

Paul crossed his arms in front of his chest and waited for Doc to give him an honest answer. The older man held his hands up in a silent gesture that Doc was done joking. The singer ran one of his hands down his face, resting it on his chin as Doc stared back at him, waiting to hear what the big request was that Paul had. Paul cleared his throat, finally finding the best way to ask his question.

"Alright, here it is. I need you to get the contact information for that woman who interviewed Gene and me last night at Tower Records. The one that I spent some extra time with afterward." Paul said.

"Are you sure about this? It would be best if you left it as a one-nighter," Doc countered.

"That's not for you to decide. I don't ask for many favors from you as my other bandmates do daily. Will you do this for me, please?" The singer asked.

"Alright, Alright, I'll see what I can do, but no promises," Doc replied

"I'm sure you have the connections to do it. Thank you, Doc," Paul replied as he turned to walk to the waiting vehicle.

"No problem, And Paul, just do me one favor, please?" The older man replied.

"Yes?" The singer turned around