Youth (TaeKook)

- (title inspired by Troye Sivan - Youth)
   - Neighbors!AU, Summer!AU (as in the last summer before college)
   - Mechanic Jungkook, Teacher/Musician Taehyung, Teacher Jimin, Original Female Character
   - angst, fights, smut, touching peepees, come eating, pet names, fluff, time skips, taekook, vmin, tae is a sweetheart, jimin is a sweetheart, kook is just lost, gay kook, gay jimin, bi tae, disappointments, life doing what life does, closeted gays, boys in love, heartbreak, everyone is just so heartbroken, kook mostly actually, jungkooks point of view sorta, might be some smut in there, make out sessions, soft scenes, coming of age shit, realizing you're not so straight, cheating, teen pregnancy, stillborn child, sorta forced marriage, moving on, and being hung up on something, it's just really fucking hard for jungkook, mentions of homophobia, the female character isnt inherently bad they are just equally disappointed with what their life turned out to be, mentions of religious practices, or traditions, morals? idk, sad

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

   Past

      The sun was only starting to set when Jungkook knocked on Miyeon's front door.

      But in the heat of late May it was pretty late in the day already, around 9PM, he was late to this movie night she planned.

      "Finally." she swung the door open and let him in, "What took you so long?" 

      "Sorry. I was helping my dad with something while there was still any daylight." he said, taking off his shoes and leaning down to kiss her forehead.

      When he stepped into the living room only Chaerin was seated on the couch.

      "Wasn't there supposed to be more of us?" he asked timidly, but the girls heard him either way.

      Miyeon ran off to the kitchen to get a drink for him when there were three knocks on the door.

      "Speaking of more, please open the door, must be Tae. He stepped out to buy some snacks." Miyeon shouted from the kitchen and Jungkook, ever so tired, drags himself slowly to the door and swings it open.

      And although the boy behind the door seemed to start moving inside by default, he stopped in his spot when a much broader figure was in his way.

      "Oh..." he gasped out, shocked by the new presence, and his eyes were blown wide open, turning into honey in the setting sun.

      "You must be Jungkook." he speaks, his voice smooth and soothing.

      "Yeah." he holds out his hand to shake, "Taehyung? It's nice to meet you."

      "Likewise." his smile is boxy, skin glowing, eyes twinkling, "Call me Tae."

- - - - - - - - - -

   Present

      "Jungkook? Are you in here?" Miyeon's chirpy voice broke the silence from around the car he has been fixing the past three days.

      He just raises a hand to make his presence known and she comes over to his side, leaning onto the car.

      "Jimin just stopped by." she begins leisurely and he bites down harder, jaw locking up at the mention of the man.

      "He says Tae is remodeling their attic for the nursery."

      "Mm." he hums just to let her know that he's still listening when she tries to come into his line of sight.