Shelter (Jin)

- Fight!AU (idk my dudes)
   - established relationship, relationship progression, living together, first BIG fight, angst, fluff, coping mechanisms, jin is a sweetheart, a bit of jealous jin, mentions of past toxic relations, past failed relationships, anxiety, domestic, just slice of life i guess, proposals, i love yous, nothing special, just wanted to write something.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      When the door slams shut behind you Jin continues ahead, whining loudly about the rude server at the bar and his disgusting comments.

      "Can you believe him?! And I was right there and he dared to ask you for your number!" he spoke, still not turning to face you.

      But once he did he was met by your back pressed to the front door, eyes closed tight and taking deep breaths.

      "Y/N?" he called out, both eyebrows jumping in wonder.

      He was quick to run back to you, and hold onto your shoulders, "Baby? Are you okay?"

      You nodded, albeit still keeping your eyes shut as you counted your breaths.

      "Hey...hey...look at me..." and once you did, tears began briming in your bottom lashes. 

      "I'm sorry...I tried to ignore him, I..." you spoke hurriedly through sobs.

      "No...nooo....please Y/N, it's not your fault at all, it's him I'm mad at...please don't cry..."

      And he pulled you from the door and into an embrace, grounding you immediately.

      That was the first time he saw you coping with a panic attack, and there were many more to get through.

- - - - - - - - - -

      One time, you came home from work after having quite a fight with your manager and as soon as you stepped into the elevator you were dialing his number and whining into it.

      "You don't understand, she's been up my ass for months now and I can't deal with her anymore." and back to you came the comforting words of your boyfriend.

      Then as soon as he heard the slam of the front door he paused, then he heard your deep breaths.

      Seconds later he continued even softer.

      "It's okay...you're home now...it's all okay. Nobody can ruin your space for you..." and he hung up, leaving you to recollect yourself before you call him again.

      Pressing the back of your head against the cold wood helped you relax.

      And when you counted up to 30 breaths, you finally felt yourself calming down and caring less about all the issues that stood behind the door you were leaning on.

      It has turned into a routine now.

      Each time the world comes to bite you in the ass, you stand with your back turned to it, counting down breaths and calming down your poor nervous heartbeats.

- - - - - - - - - -

      Then one day you went to visit your mom and came back home worn to the bone.

      Besides her asking about your ex fiance, she kept whining about your father to you, whining about both of your lack of presence in her life and making you feel like shit altogether.

      And as a cherry on top, she said she took your dog to the vet a few weeks back and decided that she wasn't gonna pay some treatment for him and simply took him to get euthanized instead.