Matchmaker (Jungkook)

- SingleParent!AU, ChristmasSpecial!AU
   - Preschool teacher reader, Single parent Jungkook
   - fluff, just fluff, christmas updates, winter themes, falling in love with a stranger, no smut, sorry to disappoint, angst, kids, family, divorce, first meeting, dates, hopefully its all just gonna be hella cute and sweet, maybe some mature language and themes, kids are matchmakers, maybe some smut or at least some making out, christmas dinner dates, loneliness idk why i made jungkook a very old culinary student, or car mechanic, idk...it just fits in my head, maybe more than one chapter

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      It's beautiful to watch young minds flourish every day.

      To watch those big, round, focused marbles that follow your every move and absorb every word you say.

      A child's curiosity peaks at a young age, so being a preschool teacher was never an easy job when their little brains just sought after information.

      Even if it wasn't something that concerned them.

      Todays theme was 'Family'.

      But as you tried to talk about family and relationships within it, a small hand popped up from the back of the little crowd that sat on the floor in front of you, each hugging their toy in front of them.

      "Yes Beomsoo?" you called out and the kids turned to look at the boy.

      "Miss Y/N, do you have a family?" he asked, neither of you knowing what a trigger that would be in the crowd.

      "I do. I have a sister and my mom, my dad, my great..."

      "No, no Miss... Do you have your own baby and sugar plum?" Mihye, one of the more spoken out girls said, making a bunch of the kids turn to her in wonder while others focused on you.

      "What's a sugar plum?" Mihye's best friend asked her, trying to be quiet and failing miserably.

      But it seemed to have been a question in many of their heads.

      So they all stared at the girl till she bent to their will.

      "Well that's what my mom calls my dad."

      "Ohhhhhh..."

      The class echoed in unity and then one of the boys from the front row asked.

      "So...do you have a sugar plum?"

      "I'm more curious about the baby! You must be a great mom Miss Y/N!" Sohye roared from the back, face shining with glee at the idea of a small toddler.

      And your stomach sank at the bare mention of your own family.

      But how can kids know how to tell when someone is uncomfortable, especially when the said person has learned to put up a fake smile.

      "No...no I don't have a family like that."

      "Why?" Kitae, a shy boy from the back asks softly.

      And you pray that the tenderness in his voice doesn't tip you over the edge and make you break down in front of the kiss.

      And you refuse to meet his eyes and chuckle as you pass your eyes over the crowd.

      "Well that's obviously because there's only room for you guys  in my heart." you smiled at them, seeing some kids tilt over to the ground and hide their blushing faces while others visibly cringed but with a smile on their face none the less.