Honey pot (J-Hope)

- Neighbor!AU, Best friends to lovers!AU, High school!AU, College!AU, (a lot of time skips what can I say)
   - Boyfriend Hoseok, Friend Jimin, Friend Taehyung
   - angst, heavy angst, major character death, hoseok is a sweetheart, stoner hoseok, responsible adult hoseok, diabetes, explicit language, puns, parties, alcohol use, rebelling teenagers, minor character death, hinting at smut, hidden feelings, a bit of halloween, a lot of feels, confessions, drunk confessions in the form of sexual jokes, hobi and y/n have been a couple forever and they are the only ones who don't know it, reader is irresponsible, giving up on life, slow suicide, sadness, depression, health neglect, recreational drug use, bad habits, coping with loss, hospital, bad timing, pining, lying

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      The slow beeps heard from other rooms were driving Hoseok crazy as he stood at the front desk answering the questions that the nurse was throwing at him.

      "So...does she have any chronic illnesses?"

      "None that I know of."

      The lady clicks around at her keyboard and then a slight stunned chuckle leaves her.

      "Sir, why hasn't she been coming in for her check in's?"

      "For what?"

      "As someone with diabetes, she's been acting awfully irresponsible."

      And Hoseok is promptly stunned into silence.

      Over ten years of knowing each other, never did he once hear about it.

      "Well...at least we know why she fainted now. I believe the doctors will have her out off the emergency room soon, doubt she'll be awake then, but the treatment will kick in soon enough."

      The nurse says and he's still stuck at the desk, staring down at the light wood, with both arms holding him up.

      Then there's a commotion to his right at the emergency room door and he's turning to the side just in time to meet her eyes and watch them disappear as they slip into the room she'll be staying in.

      And it takes a lot for him not to go up to her and start shouting at her.

      She doesn't need that now.

- - - - - - - - - -

      "Really Y/N, climbing down a tree in a dress? How about some common decency?"

      Hoseok is standing right beneath her, cigarette in hand and putting it out to be on alert if she slips.

      "Common decency? Common decency went out the window when I did." she hisses as she finally jumps down the lowest branch and onto the ground, then looks at her open bedroom window, then her mothers.

      "Do you think she'll notice?" he asks her as he lights a joint now.

      "Doubt it, she sleeps like a bear."

      Then she's turning to him.

      They got to know each other a month back, when she just moved in, and surprisingly, warmed up to each other fast.

      "What about your dad? No ones gonna come whoop my ass?"

      She shakes her head, "Nah, it's just me and my mom."

      "Sorry to hear that." he says.

      "Oh please, save the pity party for someone else. I'm fine with this, my mom is an amazing parent on her own."