Locals (6) (Jungkook)

- Serial killer!AU, Inspector!AU, Enemies to lovers!AU
   - Reader - Local Inspector from one of the SMPA (Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency) sub-divisions, her unit specifically focused on Buam-Dong (neighborhood in Seoul, South Korea).
   - Jeon Jungkook - Senior Inspector of the South Korean Federal Bureau of Investigation, recently returned from military service, specifically focused on Behavioral Science and Psychological Analysis for patterned murder cases.
   - Kim Taehyung, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, Jung Hoseok,
Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi
   - Possible appearances of other male and female idols as side characters.
   - murder, violence, rape, mutilation, gore, mental disorders, explicit sexual content, blood, angst, past abuse, explicit language, enemies to lovers, psychopath, drug use, attempts of suicide, lot of dead girls, this might make you uncomfortable, very graphic, smut, dark, sexual tension, manipulation, fear, panic attacks, attempted murder, psychological torture, mentions of past troubles.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Brené Brown once said that being vulnerable is a risk we have to take if we want to experience connection and yet, here they were sharing a case, sharing an office and sharing the silence.

      It's been more than a week since Y/N's breakdown and they were tiptoeing around each other more than ever.

      Jungkook stopped pushing all the wrong buttons, sunk his nose in files hoping that a clue will emerge rather than another victim.

      While Y/N was in the office going over other reports, he was out and about doing whatever he pleased in the realms of the cases and as soon as he was inside she was off to the front desk avoiding him.

      Ignorance is bliss after all.

      But only up to one point.

      "You're leaving early too?" Jungkook asked as they both began gathering their stuff and packing up for the day.

      "Yea."

      Curt answers.

      It's all he got for the past week.

      They were at the front door to the station when he put a hand on her shoulder, gently asking her to wait for a second, pay him some mind.

      "Do you want a ride?"

      "No, I'm..."

      "Y/N?"

      A third voice interrupted them and Jungkook's gaze hardened the second it was off of her face.

      She looked over at the guy approaching them, with one hand in his pockets while the other played around with his car keys.

      "Hi..." she spoke softly as soon as he was by her side, leaning down to peck her on the cheek, far too close to the corner of her lips for Jungkook's taste.

      "Hi." he turned then to Jungkook, and the taller male felt the once over that the male gave him, "You must be Jungkook?"

      Jungkook only nodded, eyes shifting between the two, forcing Jimin to continue with his introduction by being silent.

      Instead Y/N seemed to have better sense of the awkwardness between the two.

      "This is Jimin...my..." she looked at the man mentioned, eyes questioning as she raked her mind for a appropriate title for whatever they were.