ॐ Om Namah Shivaye -10

Shiv's weapon: Trishul

In this way Lord Shiv had many weapons, but he handed over all his weapons to the deities.  He only had a trident.  It was a very accurate and deadly weapon.  Trishul is an indicator of destruction of 3 types of sufferings, daily, divine and physical.  There are 3 types of energies in it – Sat, Raja and Tama.  Protons, neutrons and electrons. 

Meaning of three heads of trishul
Many meanings are attached to its three ends: - This Trishul  may represent the creation,
These three gunas represent sattva, rajas, tamas.

The operation of the universe is difficult without making harmony between these three, so Shiv held these three qualities in his hands in the form of a trident.  It is the symbol of Tridev.  It is said about the trident of Lord Shiv that it is a symbol of the trinity i.e. Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, it is seen in the form of creation, maintenance and destruction. 

Along with the past, present and future, it is also considered an indicator of earth, heaven and hell.  These three sorrows, physical, divine and material, are known as Tritap.  It is also found in the hands of the Hindu goddess Durga.  Especially in her Mahishasura Mardini form, she is seen killing the demon Mahishasura with this.  Trishuls of gold, silver or brass can be seen in the idols of various Goddess Durga temples.