ॐ Om Namah Shivaye-55

Ganga devi :

Deciding to bring the Ganga, he did penance for a long time, then he had a direct vision of Lord Shankar.  Seeing his divine devotee, Bhagirath bowed and praised him again and again.  He also got the desired boon from God.  That is getting his ancestors back turned to humans from ashes .  God said to Ganga - O Sureshwari!  You go to Bharatvarsha now and sanctify all the sons of Sagara according to my orders.  Then Shri Ganga ji accepted to come to earth.

At the time when Ganga was about to come to earth, to handle her velocity, Shiva held her on his head and she became known as Gangadhar.  But after getting down, the king followed Bhagirath.  Due to the velocity, the sage's ashram got washed away on the way.  The sage became enraged and took the whole river.  Then again when the sage was pleased with the worship of Bhagirath, he revealed the Ganga from his thigh.  Then Ganga was called Jahnavi from Bhagirathi.  Then King Bhagiratha, praising the Ganga, took her with him and reached there, where sixty thousand sons of Sagar were burnt to ashes.

After getting the touch of the most holy Ganga water, he went to Prince Baikuntha.  Deciding to bring the Ganga,