ॐ Om Namah Shivaye -83

In the Sakand Purana, there is a story related to the appearance of Lord Ganesha in the Skanda Arbud Khand.  According to this legend, Ganesha was born on the Arbud Parvat (Mount Abu, also known as Arbudaranya) after the boon of having a son given by Lord Shankar to Mother Parvati.  For this reason Mount Abu is also called Ardhakashi.  After the birth of Ganapati, the gods and goddesses circumambulated this mountain.  Along with this, the sages and saints had also installed the idol of Lord Ganesha there from cow dung.  Today this temple is known as Siddhiganesh.
,
According to the history of Mathur Brahmins, it is estimated that Lord Ganesha was born at noon on the Shukla Chaturthi of Bhadrapada month before Vikram Samvat 9938.  According to mythological belief, he was born in Satyuga.  Dodital in Uttarkashi district is considered to be the birth place of Ganeshji.

Among all the gods and goddesses, the first worshiped Ganesha has eight main incarnations – Vakratunda, Ekadanta, Mahodar, Gajanan, Lambodar, Vikata, Vighnaraj and Dhumravarna.

Lord Ganesh ji had written the Mahabharata poetry with his own hands.  According to the legend, along with learning, Lord Ganesha is also considered to be the ruler of writing work.
,