ॐ Om Namah Shivaye -46

Natraj :

General facts faith philosophy, theology ...

The famous ancient idol of Nataraja Shiv has four arms, surrounded by fire circles. With one of his feet, he holds down the other (Akashma), and the other leg is raised upwards in a dance posture. He is holding a damaru in his first right hand (which is raised upwards). The sound of Damru is a symbol of creation. In this way, the creative power of Shiv is indicated here. He has a fire in his other hand, raised upwards. Here fire is a symbol of destruction. This means that it is Shiv who creates with one hand and merges with the other. His other right hand is raised in the abhaya (or blessing) mudra which protects us from evil.

Raised leg is a sign of salvation. His other left hand points to his raised leg. This means that Shiv suggests the path of salvation. It also means that salvation lies at the feet of Shiv. The dwarf demon crushed under his feet is a symbol of ignorance which is destroyed by Shiv. Shiv destroys ignorance. The flames rising all around are the symbol of this universe. The snakes waving over his body are a sign of Kundalini power. His overall figure looks like a om form. This indicates that Om is inherent from Shiv.