ॐ Om namah shivaye -96

Mother Parvati doubted that where did Mahadev go this morning. So she decided that she would keep knowing this secret. One day when Lord Shiva left for the lake in the morning, Mother Parvati also followed him to the lake. Mother Parvati saw that Mahadev was playing like a father with those five snake girls.

Seeing this, Mother Parvati got angry and she wanted to kill the five snake girls. As soon as she raised her feet to kill them, Bholenath stopped him and told that these five snake girls are your daughters. Mother Parvati was surprised to see this thing of Mahadev. Then the snake girls told the story of the birth of the girls to Goddess Parvati. Mother Parvati started laughing loudly after hearing the story of Shiv.

The names of these serpent girls of Lord Shiva are Jaya, Vishhar, Shamilbari, Dev and Dotali. Describing about his daughters, Lord Shiva said that whoever worships these snake girls on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha of Sawan month, their family will not be afraid of snakebite. Also, by the grace of these goddesses, there is never any shortage of money and food in the house. This is the reason that these five snake girls are worshiped on the day of Sawan Krishna Panchami and Sawan Shukla Panchami.