ॐ Om Namah Shivaye-23

NAGRAJ VASUKI :

Vasuki was the younger brother of Sheshnag.  As soon as Sheshnag went down to Hades, that is, as soon as he went to Jalloka, his younger brother, Vasuki was crowned and handed over to him in his place.  Being a great devotee of Lord Shiva, Vasuki used to reside on his body.

Nagraj is a Sanskrit word which is derived from the combination of Nag and Raja (King) i.e. king of serpents.  It is mainly used for three deities - Ananta (Sheshnag), Takshak and Vasuki.  Anant, Takshaka and Vasuki were the sons of the three brothers Maharishi Kashyapa, and his wife Kadru, who is considered the father of all snakes.  According to the belief, the abode of the serpent is in Hades.

The eldest brother Anant is a devotee of Lord Vishnu and presents a friendly aspect of snakes as he protects food from animals like rats.  When Lord Vishnu is in yoga nidra in Kshirsagar, Anant becomes his seat and this posture of his is called Ananthasayanam.  Anant is holding the earth on his head.  He along with Lord Vishnu incarnated as Rama's younger brother Lakshmana in the Ramayana period and as Balarama, Krishna's elder brother in the Mahabharata period.  Apart from this Ramanuja and Nityananda are also called his incarnations.